BREAKING: Scientology has asked for an emergency hearing Monday in L.A. Superior Court in order to stay Valerie Haney's lawsuit and force her

Karen#1

O

Oat Tea Ate

Karen#1

I see and can feel the venom and hate in the Scientology cult's scorched earth policy ~~ in the filing they did today as posted by Tony Ortega in opening post.
Note how they omit to state they did not let any lawyer look over what she signed and did not give her a copy.
The signing away all of that WAS done without any legal representation and advice ..only the cult's lawyer.snake.cobra.png
Valerie slaved for them for 30 years of her life....

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

From Miscavige's perspective it truly IS an emergency. :cool:

I'm sure the law firms were fully expecting these tactics from Scientology. It may take many years to play out but I doubt it's all going to end very well for Miscavige and the Co$. Law firms like these don't take on these type of cases on a contingency basis unless they really like their chances of winning.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I'm sure the law firms were fully expecting these tactics from Scientology. It may take many years to play out but I doubt it's all going to end very well for Miscavige and the Co$. Law firms like these don't take on these type of cases on a contingency basis unless they really like their chances of winning.
I hope you're right, but this is the same tactic the cult's lawyers used to sandbag Luis Garcia's case in Florida. If the judge in this case sees it the same way as the Florida judge, it will wind up going down the black hole of Scientology's internal kangaroo court system, and it's over.

Hopefully, this judge will be able to see the trap, and decide to keep the case in the public court system.

Type4_PTS

I hope you're right, but this is the same tactic the cult's lawyers used to sandbag Luis Garcia's case in Florida. If the judge in this case sees it the same way as the Florida judge, it will wind up going down the black hole of Scientology's internal kangaroo court system, and it's over.

Hopefully, this judge will be able to see the trap, and decide to keep the case in the public court system.
This is a heavyweight legal team taking on the CoS. I have no doubt that they've reviewed the tactics used in previous cases and have a strategy to win despite those tactics.

I say it's time to invest in popcorn futures! :yes:

marra

When an ex member sues the CoS it is considered a suppressive act and the person will be officially declared a suppressive person. When this happens, all the person's certificates are cancelled and they are not allowed to communicate with any other scientologist except the International Justice Chief.

So how come this doesn't invalidate any agreements they made to use scientology's arbitration system?

Voodoo

When an ex member sues the CoS it is considered a suppressive act and the person will be officially declared a suppressive person. When this happens, all the person's certificates are cancelled and they are not allowed to communicate with any other scientologist except the International Justice Chief.

So how come this doesn't invalidate any agreements they made to use scientology's arbitration system?
The likely response would be that there's no conflict, because such arbitrations fall under the authority of the Justice Chief.

I would imagine they do, but I've read somewhere that the cult has never conducted an actual arbitration cycle. Is that true?

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
The likely response would be that there's no conflict, because such arbitrations fall under the authority of the Justice Chief.

I would imagine they do, but I've read somewhere that the cult has never conducted an actual arbitration cycle. Is that true?
Tony Ortega wrote:

"In October (2018), the Church of Scientology held its first-ever internal arbitration procedure. It heard the case of Luis and Rocio Garcia, former members who had given about a million dollars to the church and wanted a good portion of it back.

The Garcias sued the church claiming fraud, but a Tampa federal judge, James Whittemore, stayed their lawsuit and agreed with the church that contracts the Garcias had signed as Scientologists obliged them to take their grievance to the internal arbitration — even though the church had never actually carried one out before.

The arbitration was held October 23 and 24 in Los Angeles, and the panel of three Scientologists decided to give the Garcias $18,495.36 — money that reflected what the couple had put on account for accommodations at the Flag Land Base in Clearwater and for the Freewinds cruise ship but that they will never use."

O

Oat Tea Ate

I see and can feel the venom and hate in the Scientology cult's scorched earth policy ~~ in the filing they did today as posted by Tony Ortega in opening post.
Note how they omit to state they did not let any lawyer look over what she signed and did not give her a copy.
The signing away all of that WAS done without any legal representation and advice ..only the cult's lawyer.View attachment 1128
Valerie slaved for them for 30 years of her life....
I totally agree and this cult needs to be held accountable. But just like our Democratic Progessive Party, they will not. Our justice system is corrupt and it allows fake religions to harm people because we came into a CHURCH trusting that we were not being lied to. We signed "LEGAL DOX" without legal representation believing that the Organization was ethical. It was not ethical. It was fraud and we were all duped.
What do you and Jeffrey think, Karen, about how this will play out? Please give us your prediction.

Karen#1

I totally agree and this cult needs to be held accountable. But just like our Democratic Progessive Party, they will not. Our justice system is corrupt and it allows fake religions to harm people because we came into a CHURCH trusting that we were not being lied to. We signed "LEGAL DOX" without legal representation believing that the Organization was ethical. It was not ethical. It was fraud and we were all duped.
What do you and Jeffrey think, Karen, about how this will play out? Please give us your prediction.
Dear Oat Tea Ate....

I am so leery of making a future pronouncement which after all would be hypothetical and theoretical and often wishful thinking.
I do know what I WANT to have happen ! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

The Garcia's case isn't dead yet. There's a real chance they'll still prevail. If there was no chance I'm sure they wouldn't continue to spend the time and money on the matter.

Here's the latest news on it published at the Bunker this morning:

Voodoo