Book about Scientology - The Road To Truth: One Man's Journey from a Cult to Torah

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
I ran across this book about Scientology first published in 2014 while researching something else.

The Road To Truth: One Man's Journey from a Cult to Torah

https://www.amazon.com/Road-Truth-Mans-Journey-Torah-ebook/dp/B00LZ8QPNM/

B00LZ8QPNM_de861a01_cover.jpeg

414391FHeYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51OrZgfFT8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Screenshot_20200727-190449_1595902789866.png

Description

The story of how one man got sucked into Scientology, and how he got out and went to Yeshiva and became an orthodox Jew It compare the false philosophy of Scientology with the Truth of Judaism.

About the Paperback Edition

Features & details

Product information
Item Weight 9.3 ounces
Paperback 80 pages
ISBN-101521914664
ISBN-13978-1521914663
Publisher Independently published (October 29, 2017)
Product Dimensions 8.5 x 0.2 x 11 inches
Best Sellers Rank #2,701,798 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#202 in Scientology
#556 in Jewish Orthodox Movements
#776 in Torah
Language: English

About the Kindle Edition

Length: 68 pages
Word Wise: Enabled
Screen Reader: Supported
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Page Flip: Enabled

Features & details

Product Details

File Size: 482 KB
Publication Date: July 19, 2014
Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
Word Wise: Enabled
Print Length: 68 pages
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Screen Reader: Supported
X-Ray: Not Enabled
Publisher: Jonathan Ottenstein; 1st Edition (July 19, 2014)
Language:: English
ASIN: B00LZ8QPNM
Lending: Enabled

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Arutz Sheva - Israel National News published an excerpt from the book in 2015.

NOTE: To preclude any doubt, I want to make it clear that I do not approve of, and indeed reject and condemn, kidnapping and involuntary deprogramming. I post the following only to provide more information about the book.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

PROLOGUE

In every generation, one must look upon himself as if he personally went out of Egypt

(Talmud Pesachim)

“Your mother is here”

“What?”

“Your mother is here outside”

“It can’t be. My mother is in Milwaukee”

“She’s waiting for you outside. Go speak with her”

I was in the elite “Sea Org” in the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles. Initially, my Jewish mother had gotten very upset about my involvement in Scientology, but according to some letters I had received, had apparently made peace with it. Therefore, I had no suspicions about why she had come, but I was surprised.

“Hello, Ma, what are you doing here in Los Angeles?”

Oh, Jonathan, my feet were bothering me, and the doctor said that a warmer climate might help them” responded my mother
It was already May, and even in Milwaukee it was warming up. I figured she just needed an excuse to see me.

After a short conversation, my mother suggested that we go to a restaurant the next day. I agreed. She gave me the card of the hotel where she was staying at, and said that she would pick me up in a cab the next day. I agreed to a time the next day. I, later called her up and confirmed the time.

She arrived at the appointed time the next day. Instead of a cab, she arrived in a car with a driver. She said that instead of a cab, she had hired this driver to drive us around. The driver introduced himself as Jack. He was a heavyset guy with a cap and a small beard. He said his name was Jack and that he was originally from New York City. My mother engaged me in conversation. I was a nervous person and I had a bad habit of chewing on pens. When my mother saw what I was doing, she asked me if she could have my pen. She was worried that I would hurt myself with it. I gave her the pen. My mother was always very protective of her children.

We drove around Los Angeles for quite a while, and then I asked,“ When are we going to eat?”

My mother said “soon”.

We turned off the main road onto a side street. Across the street was a parked car with its hood up. Suddenly, there were shouts, and my mother was gone and two guys got in to the back seat of the car on either side of me. They told me not to move. For a moment I was confused, wondering what had happened.

Then I realized I had been kidnapped.

“You can’t do this to me, it is illegal.” I screamed.

They told me to lie in the bottom of the car and threatened me with physical harm if I tried anything, so I complied.

After driving for a while, they stopped the car and put a blindfold over my eyes. They warned me not to scream and brought me into the house and into a room that had iron bars on the windows. I saw the iron bars and thought that this was prison. I was angry and scared.

The deprogramming was about to begin.

About the Author

Jonathan Ottenstein was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1955. He has a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Wisconsin- Madison. He works for a consulting engineering firm in Manhattan, mostly dealing with hospitals. He is married and lives with his wife and four children in Crown Heights Brooklyn.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *