Billionaire James Packer..in and out of Scn pretty fast.

Karen#1

Scientology, in its history managed to snare 2 Billionaires.

Bob Duggan and James Packer.

Hollywood star Tom Cruise introduced James Packer to Scientology — then they fell out

He ended up being one of the richest men in Australia ...imagine how the regges felt...

Karen#1

Who knows what really happened ? But I can't see the SCN cult easily letting go of a Billionaire who had joined the movement...,

Excerpt:
Around this time, James reportedly became involved with Scientology. He was befriended by Tom Cruise, the organization’s most famous member. He felt that Cruise was one of the few people who still believed in him. “I think I became depressed and emotionally exhausted, and my [first] marriage [to model Jodhi Meares] had broken up,” Packer said in a teary 2013 television interview. “I felt isolated, I felt like a failure, you know. It was not a great time in my life.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
It's hard to do the... what's the cult terminology? Power Change?

This story sounds about right at least in the historical sense. Many, many examples of the kids enjoying / squandering the result of the parents hard work and efforts, then the grandkids destroy it. Three generations usually for the financial journey all the way up and all the way down.

Good that he managed to avoid the cult, at least so far. He'll have more for his kids, then they can lose it all.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
From what I heard over here through the years is that James is a fairly troubled guy and seems to have a knack of getting into relationships with some pretty strange women (but not all of them were, I hasten to say).

Mariah Carey was an utterly doozy twit, Katie Fischer (now known as Tzorporah Malkah) was another hot mess, just to name a couple.

Katie's mother is a senior politician here in Oz. She was the anti-discrimination commissioner, a feminist and is currently the public housing minister for the conservative party. The two ladies have had a difficult relationship over the years, so i'm not sure where they are right now, but they were talking again last I heard.

I think that James's relatively sheltered upbringing never quite gave him the skills to deal with them and his business failures seem to have him him hard on a personal level. Seems to really struggle to work with that.

His father Kerry, could be a very loyal and decent guy at times, but he could be an extremely ferocious guy at the drop of a hat.

Kerry also inherited his wealth, but he also made his fortune as well. A big gambler. I heard that he lost $2m on the cards (I think) one night in a high roller bar and left a $10k tip for the dude taking care of him for his service.

Kerry's father, Frank, the founder of their empire was also a very volatile guy and it has been said they shared the same traits. Kerry struggled a lot under his father's moods and expectations.

I don't know if James carries the same volatility, but he does seem to under the influence of that dynasty and does not appear to be coping very well. I don't really see him as a sociopath, per se, and he tends to guard his privacy.

By all accounts, he seems to be a somewhat decent bloke and I hope he finds his way and some happiness in his life. Hopefully his stint with Arrowhead and the cult didn't ruin him too much.