Between lives elapsed time?

Inanna

Arriving fresh from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
@Reyne Mayer

We’ve had the “Are past lives real?” discussions here and at the old ESMB many times. You are not stating anything new. It’s been discussed to death.

It’s part of some people’s personal belief system. Why does that bother you so much? It seems pretty petty to me to try to force your beliefs on what does or does not occur to strangers after death. Why should you be so worried about what people you don’t know do or don’t do after they’re dead? Since you’re so sure there’s no afterlife, it’s not like you should be concerned about them haunting you or returning as your mother or something.
Because there have always been people who just don’t get the fact that not every ex wants to be like every other ex. Sorry to say but the ex scn boards have always shouted down exes who retain even a shred of interest in any ideas that can be found in Scientology.

D

Deleted member 51

Because there have always been people who just don’t get the fact that not every ex wants to be like every other ex. Sorry to say but the ex scn boards have always shouted down exes who retain even a shred of interest in any ideas that can be found in Scientology.
Yeh, I know. It doesn’t have to be that way though, does it?

Can’t the ideas be discussed freely without promoting Scientology or some other cult?

Go for it. Times change.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Yeh, I know. It doesn’t have to be that way though, does it?

Can’t the ideas be discussed freely without promoting Scientology or some other cult?

Go for it. Times change.
It can be a confusing time for someone. You go from not knowing what the hell is going on, to being certain that you do, to going back to not knowing what the hell is going on.

Bill

What gets "shouted down", in my experience, is True Believer's CERTAINTY that THEY have the answers. What gets shouted down is their insistence that THIS (some bit of Scientology) IS THE WAY IT IS.

And then they get all bent out of shape because there is some push-back. "You know, that isn't necessarily a fact".

It's left-over Scientology hubris that most of us have gotten over. Yeah, pretty much all of Hubbard's claims remain unproven, if not completely debunked.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
What gets "shouted down", in my experience, is True Believer's CERTAINTY that THEY have the answers. What gets shouted down is their insistence that THIS (some bit of Scientology) IS THE WAY IT IS.

And then they get all bent out of shape because there is some push-back. "You know, that isn't necessarily a fact".

It's left-over Scientology hubris that most of us have gotten over. Yeah, pretty much all of Hubbard's claims remain unproven, if not completely debunked.
I am sure that cleaning windows with newspaper does not work. Beyond that, I don't know.

Inanna

I’ve seen people get shouted down when no one was saying anything like that.

Bill

So have I, but generally, the push-back comes specifically when someone tries to push some bit of Hubbard "tech" or some bit of Hubbard "knowingness" here.

I don't object to people believing whatever they believe and practicing whatever they want. I object then they try to push their "truth" or Hubbard "truth" here as THE TRUTH.

It's that whole "What is true for you is true!" crap. No, it ain't true outside of your skull without actual proof.

D

Deleted member 51

Well you know, people are people. I think sometimes we just get too used to each other. And you know, everyone has a bad day now and then.

Why don’t you post something and see how it goes? Look over the forums, find an appropriate category and start a thread.

Every forum is only as much or as little as its Members’ contributions. If you want to chat, feel free to do so. The forum rules aren’t that hard. You’ll be fine. 😊

D

Deleted member 51

It can be a confusing time for someone. You go from not knowing what the hell is going on, to being certain that you do, to going back to not knowing what the hell is going on.
That sums it up perfectly. Thank you for reminding me.

Inanna

@Bill Honestly, much of what I saw was a lot of “how dare you think that” and “you need to go to school” when the person had only said what their interests were but had no intention of trying to prove anything or tell others what to think.

I’m not worried or apprehensive about myself at all. I’ve always limited personal disclosures on the boards. Certain things are personal in nature and nobody here has any business knowing that I’m a Pastafari- uhhh…ooops…

D

Deleted member 51

Michaelangelo just posted this video on another thread, but I think those of you who believe in or consider reincarnation or other possibilities than standard religions might like it. This man thinks outside the box and it’s an interesting video:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
I tried the newspaper thing and never could get it to work. I assume there’s good reasoning behind the phrase “I don’t do windows.”
my understanding is that piece of policy/tech used to work, but not since actual real-world technology moved forward and newspapers switched to soy-based inks.

D

Deleted member 51

my understanding is that piece of policy/tech used to work, but not since actual real-world technology moved forward and newspapers switched to soy-based inks.
Interesting. They’re soy-based now?

In emergency medical, newspapers were recommended as sanitary due to the old inks used. Are newspapers still sanitary?

D

Deleted member 51

Still cleans windows, per policy?
Sorry, I should have been more explicit.

The armed forces placed used old print newspapers beneath a birthing mother and child or in other urgent medical situations when sanitary, antiseptic materials were not available. This was taught for decades because old newspaper ink was antibacterial. I was curious about the soy print. I never heard that before and wondered about its properties and where it’s used.

Pepin

It seems to me to be approximately 3 months. Does that seem correct to any of you?

Serious answers only please.
Spiritually we are not in time. It really has no meaning unless you are focusing and relating to someone elses time. For example, just after the last lifetime I ran as if in a dream looking for "The other side". When I stopped, I realized, there is no other side, I'm already there. Then I watched the wife for 20 years. It really was 20 years for me because I related to her time. After her funeral she joined me and it was not long before I had to go be born. So 3 months, naaa. It could take someone 3 month just to deal with any mental BS before choosing another lifetime or not..

marra

There is a school of thought along the lines that when a being is outside of this human existence they can look at the Earth and see different time periods all happening simultaneously. Therefore they could choose to enter a body in any time period.

If this is correct then a being could depart a human body in say 1955 and enter the next life in say 1316.

This would make it difficult to say how long had elapsed in between lives.

We humans tend to think of everything in terms we are familiar with. I suspect the truth cannot be explained in the simple way Hubbard attempted to do it.

Cat's Squirrel

There is a school of thought along the lines that when a being is outside of this human existence they can look at the Earth and see different time periods all happening simultaneously. Therefore they could choose to enter a body in any time period.

If this is correct then a being could depart a human body in say 1955 and enter the next life in say 1316.

This would make it difficult to say how long had elapsed in between lives.

We humans tend to think of everything in terms we are familiar with. I suspect the truth cannot be explained in the simple way Hubbard attempted to do it.
I think you could be right, but if that is true the consequences could be truly mind-bending. Suppose that you choose, after this life, to go back in time in your next incarnation and pick up a body say 100 years before the time of birth of your last incarnation (which in my case would be 1858).

Further, suppose that there's a war which you get caught up in, and either by accident or design you are involved in an incident in which the direct ancestor of the person you had been in your previous life gets killed (or it could be an auto accident, of which the proportion was much higher in the early years of motoring). Then you would never have been born in your previous life, and thus the life you're in now (which is a consequence of that life despite being earlier on the time track) wouldn't happen either ...

Irayam

I think you could be right, but if that is true the consequences could be truly mind-bending. Suppose that you choose, after this life, to go back in time in your next incarnation and pick up a body say 100 years before the time of birth of your last incarnation (which in my case would be 1858).

Further, suppose that there's a war which you get caught up in, and either by accident or design you are involved in an incident in which the direct ancestor of the person you had been in your previous life gets killed (or it could be an auto accident, of which the proportion was much higher in the early years of motoring). Then you would never have been born in your previous life, and thus the life you're in now (which is a consequence of that life despite being earlier on the time track) wouldn't happen either ...
This is a famous paradox of time travel.
If I go back in time and accidentally kill my grandfather I will not be born. But if I'm not born, I can't kill my grandfather. Etc.

Another idea about time travel is that each action of a time traveler in the past creates a parallel Universe and therefore his actions have no repercussions on his original world or time.
These are fascinating theories.