"Be three feet back of your head."

Veda

There was a time when one of the first steps in Scientology was having the person "separate from the body" then, "exterior," exercise his "thetan" muscles, and familiarize himself with life as a "free thetan."

This excited many people.

The antecedents of these techniques include the occult "building of a temple" as a mental construct. This was simplified by Hubbard and called "Spacation."

Hubbard's "Grand Tour" (of the solar system) of "Route One," circa 1953, derives from a series of procedures from early 1900s.

Many people who joined Scientology having read Hubbard books, assumed these separation from the body techniques would be primary, and were surprised that they were no longer used and found themselves "C/Sed" to "run" other things.

If anyone had any experiences with these exteriorization procedures in Scientology, or even accidental (apparent) "exteriorization" while doing Scientology, feel free to deposit them here.

Zertel

OBE - Out of Body Experience would probably be the most common description of the experience which scn calls exteriorization which is not King's English. Science and various other groups have other labels or descriptions.

I didn't experience any while in scn but two or three years ago I felt like "I" was a passenger in the car I was driving for about five minutes which I just labelled as a brief exteriorization. Did my very much earlier scn "processing" set me up to have later in life paranormal experiences? Who knows. For me it's just a fun thing to consider along with a couple other mystical type experiences I've had or witnessed.

Last edited:

Zertel

A lifelong friend of mine is an atheist and a scientific realist. A few times in the past I've mentioned something I experienced in scn or otherwise relating to the paranormal but that makes him worry that I'm still "stuck in Scientology" so I quit doing it. lol . . . Scientology can be sticky.

Last edited:

Zertel

Here's a dissertation about OBE with instructions on how to develop the ability to do it. Take it as you will. When I was a Scientologist I never gave credence to "Exterior with full perception". To me it seemed too far fetched. I would have been satisfied with developing any random extra sensory perception. I quit before doing the OT levels where all that good stuff happens. (joke)
I might concede that scn opened my mind to "other possibilities" but that might have happened even if I had become a Moonie in the 1970's.

From the dissertation,

Conclusion

From the above dissertation, it can be seen that anybody may experience an out-of-body episode, but it appears that only between 15% to 25% of humans do have at least one OBE. . . . .

Last edited:

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Here's a treatise about OBE with instructions on how to develop the ability to do it. When I was a Scientologist I never gave credence to "Exterior with full perception". To me it seemed too far fetched. I would have been satisfied with developing any random extra sensory perception.

If it is possible to do, why does it have to be surrounded by all this mystical mumbo-jumbo or fasting or thinking right thoughts or preparing your mind in some way? Why should one have to go through all that stuff first? Do you see what I'm trying to get at?

Last edited:

Zertel

If it is possible to do, why is it surrounded by all this mystical mumbo-jumbo or fasting or thinking rights thoughts or preparing your mind in some way? Why should one have to go through all that stuff first? Do you see what I'm trying to get at?
Don't ask me - lol

I believe there are things outside the realm of scientific realism which is far as I take it. haha

I think we're both past the point of going into any more "vision questing" for the time being. Maybe later. Correct?

I've been thinking maybe I should do some meditating. When I get a round tuit.

stratty

Don't ask me - lol

I believe there are things outside the realm of scientific realism which is far as I take it. haha

I think we're both past the point of going into any more "vision questing" for the time being. Maybe later. Correct?

I've been thinking maybe I should do some meditating. When I get a round tuit.
Old Mimsey is always talking about unexplained shit and things that go bump in the night, and I always say to him, look, quantum physics is about as weird as anything can get, what more do you need? :D

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
If it is possible to do, why is it surrounded by all this mystical mumbo-jumbo or fasting or thinking right thoughts or preparing your mind in some way? Why should one have to go through all that stuff first? Do you see what I'm trying to get at?
I think trauma incites phenomena like an out of body experience. I am not convinced we can leave our body because I don't have any evidence we are a spirit having a human experience. We are humans that may have spiritual experiences or just phenomena when the mind is overloaded or a cult is in there trying to get you to change your identity. History books are laden with the evidence of "religions" tauting a spritual experience from some type of phenomena of the mind via chanting, staring in the eyes of someone for hours, days, weeks, months etc. Parlor Tricks.

When I was doing my Bridge, I experienced so much Cognitive Dissonance and was in a lot of emotional pain. The Staff kept showing me references "that is confusion blowing off". Go for a walk, spot spots and all sorts of parlor tricks to get me out of that pain.

Or - the infamous "You are connected to SP's" trick. Take the $3,000 course PTS/SP and shatter your life for real. That course really messes people's lives up because the constant demonimator is SCIENTOLOGY. If anyone is against the evil cult - you must disconnect. I know, I know....says Scientology - we have a lot of your money on account. Remember NO REFUNDS.

Or that is your reactive mind not wanting you to get better....

Always an excuse as to why Scientology does not work.

When I resumed the prooocesses and auditing - right back into the trauma of losing my mind and identity.
Bullshit - that was not confusion blowing off....that was confusion STICKING on....that was a cult trying to replace my identity with the cult identity and I was experiencing Cognitive Dissonance.

I had panic attacks (I never ever had them before)
I had a choking sensation constantly during the entire Bridge experience. *Yeah - Scientology was suppressing my true identity and it was cutting off my ability to breath and be myself.
I had hallucinations. Saw shit that was not there. Never had that before.
Emotional pain due to confusion.
Not too many body problems because I worked out every day. Still do.
Making huge mistakes like giving Scientology a lot of of my money, going in to deep debt, refinancing my house, selling my mest so I can have the Scientological wizzard of oz wins of super powers.

What a con job.

It was a mother fucking horrible experience. I kept doing the Bridge faster and faster to try to get out of it and it got worse with time and Bridge progress. I went Clear and did not have any of the attributes of "being a Clear as Scientology promised. I was put into states of fear and confusion cuz they said I was in a DANGER ZONE :omg: and must go OT.
Went OT - no super powers, no abilities gained. Could not spell words anymore and was experiencing AMNESIA. I was doubting everything I did and made HUGE MISTAKES. (Connected to a SP - Scientology) That was my realization which led me to look and eventually leave.

This is all indicative of mind control. Doing a Scientology Bridge is nothing more than losing who you really are and taking on an identity of a cult member Scientologist. Charging lots of money up front, getting you to sign legal documents without attorney representation so you can't get your money back, getting you to jump through hoops and spend a lot of TIME at the ORGS are all methods to get your EGO engaged to accept Scientology and everything you read in Scientology written by the con artist, L Ron Hubbard. Couple that with isolating yourself to only be with Scientologists, only read Scientology and allow the propaganda and IMPLANTS to go into your Subconscious mind where they have COMMAND VALUE.
Doing that really hurts. It is traumatic.

Hope you still are my friend, Mi Amigo :fromme:

Last edited:

Veda

Convincing a person that he's "three feet back of his head "opens the door to psychological mischief.

It looks like a hypnotist's trick.

Could it be a benevolent trick meant to free the person from prior psychological restraints?

There are many threads on old ESMB exploring this.

Edit. Added later. Original ESMB can still be searched - somewhat - through Google. Found these on the topic and related topics.

Exteriorization vs. Disassociation thread contains a link to the Stably exterior with full perception thread, however links to original ESMB content, from original ESMB, no longer function. Perhaps some patient person can find the Stably exterior thread.

Higher consciousness quest - Hopelessly discredited by Scientology? thread

The Psychic Side of Sports thread

Out of the body with perception - still like the idea?
thread

The Reincarnation thread

Body asleep while you're awake thread (from new ESMB)

And there's much more, but, as of now, the original ESMB archives remain, essentially, entombed, except for diligent searchers.

Last edited:

mimsey borogrove

Convincing a person that he's "three feet back of his head "opens the door to psychological mischief.

It looks like an hypnotist's trick.

Could it be a benevolent trick meant to free the person from prior psychological restraints?

There are many threads on old ESMB exploring this
Or it could be real. I went exterior prior to Scientology and during Scientology. But that's old news as Strat says.

One of the current OSA staff is Sheila Bakker - she used to be my SHBC sup back when ASHO was on Temple. Why is she in OSA defending the church? I think it may have to do with this story she told us BC students:

She related that she was sitting on the toilet when she went exterior. She floated up into the sky and was looking at the blue all around when she heard all this racket, people talking etc. and then it went away and a passenger jet flew off into the distance. It had flown through where she was floating.

She's defending the church because Scientology is so very real to her.

I wonder Sheila, presuming you are reading this, have you ever considered what you experienced was a native ability that you have had all along, and was not something Scientology gave you?

Mimsey

HelluvaHoax!

There was a time when one of the first steps in Scientology was having the person "separate from the body" then, "exterior," exercise his "thetan" muscles, and familiarize himself with life as a "free thetan."

This excited many people.

The antecedents of these techniques include the occult "building of a temple" as a mental construct. This was simplified by Hubbard and called "Spacation."

Hubbard's "Grand Tour" (of the solar system) of "Route One," circa 1953, derives from a series of procedures from early 1900s.

Many people who joined Scientology having read Hubbard books, assumed these separation from the body techniques would be primary, and were surprised that they were no longer used and found themselves "C/Sed" to "run" other things.

If anyone had any experiences with these exteriorization procedures in Scientology, or even accidental (apparent) "exteriorization" while doing Scientology, feel free to deposit them here.
Essentially, during Dr. Hubbard's reign, Scientology was a 36 year Pez Dispenser of famously failed "techniques" to exteriorize "the being" until they were eventually "operating" fully exterior with full perception; the vaunted and fantasized "state of OT".

"Be 3 feet back of your head" was guaranteed to work on 50% of the population. It worked on 0%.

There were many dozens of other failures. People were supposed to go exterior on an HQS objective process before they were allowed to attest. 100% were supposed to achieve that. 0% did.

Then there were the famous "L"s rundowns. Hubbard famously doubled down again and boldly claimed that when he was C/Sing the L's nobody would be allowed to leave the ship unless they were fully and stably exterior. Ergo, 100% were said to have achieved that state. 0% actually achieved it.

Mary Sue Hubbard finally admitted that she had never gone exterior. Ron had the cult's #1 case-cracking auditor gather up ALL OF THE MANY PROCESSES that were all guaranteed to exteriorize a being. All those processes were bring run on Mary Sue and none of them worked. At some point she understood that she was never going to go exterior and refused to run the last few.

Mary Sue Hubbard's story never appeared in ADVANCE! magazine as an OT win, for some reason.

Hubbard himself could not go exterior.

Nobody in Scientology could go exterior.

If "Be Three Feet Back Of Your Head" actually worked on 50% or even 1% of people, all those tens of millions of hours of "body routing" and "sidewalk pinch tests" and "free personality tests" would have never been done. Instead, they would have hired one security guard for each mission and org to stand outside and do crowd control for the thousands lined up in front of each one, waiting to go inside and hand over a credit card.

That's what would have happened if even ONE (1) person could go exterior.

One person would have been filmed and scientifically authenticated and that ONE (1) person would have triggered ONE HUNDRED MILLION new Scientologists signing up on each continent.

With those 700,000,000 new Scientologists they could have each been charged $1,000 each. Let's assume (since the command only takes under 5 seconds to deliver) and auditors were paid 90 dollars to deliver it---and perhaps 10 dollars in overhead that 5 seconds) the COST would have been 100 dollars per exterior PC.

Ergo, Scientology would have made a profit of 900 dollars per PC.

That would have resulted in a profit to Scientology of $630 BILLION DOLLARS.

The cult would only have serviced 10% of the world's population at that point, with another 90% to go. Since the exterior guys would want more Scientology that would be trillions of dollars of additional income and even more trillions selling "be three feet back of your head" to the rest of the world.

BOTTOM LINE: Scientology with only that one 7-word auditing command would have generated many hundreds of trillions of dollars, making it the single biggest economic event and enterprise in the history of the planet.

Maybe the cult should call all 15 million Scientologists into a mandatory group auditing session and give it a second try. All they need is for ONE (1) Scientologist to go exterior. That should be so easy!

Zertel

It looks like a hypnotist's trick.

There are many threads on old ESMB exploring this.

Edit. Added later. Original ESMB can still be searched - somewhat - through Google. Found these on the topic and related topics.

Exteriorization vs. Disassociation thread contains a link to the Stably exterior with full perception thread, however links to original ESMB content, from original ESMB, no longer function. Perhaps some patient person can find the Stably exterior thread.

Higher consciousness quest - Hopelessly discredited by Scientology? thread

The Psychic Side of Sports thread

Out of the body with perception - still like the idea?
thread

The Reincarnation thread

Body asleep while you're awake thread (from new ESMB)

And there's much more, but, as of now, the original ESMB archives remain, essentially, entombed, except for diligent searchers.
"Original ESMB can still be searched - somewhat - through Google."

Something is better than nothing. Maybe you could post a thread like "Searching Original ESMB" with whatever method you use and maybe someone else will be able to build on it.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Still wouldn't help you, you'd need to know what the next card out of the shoe was to gain any advantage - stratty - ex blackjack dealer. :D
Aha, not so fast there!

Kindly recall that Dr. Hubbard's discoveries included the scientific fact that a thetan has "no mass".

Therefore, an exterior thetan would rather easily be able to slip unnoticed BETWEEN (and therefore read) the un-dealt cards still within the shoe.

This astonishing breakthrough culminated from an extensive R&D project and Ron's book "HAVE YOU CHEATED BEFORE THIS LIFE?" where Ron revealed an entire million year period on the wholetrack when he was (lifetime after lifetime) the most successful-ever OS* who won quadrillions of dollars in the only (card) game in the universe where everyone wins.

* OS -noun: (abbv. Operating Sharper); in British English a sharper is a cheater or swindler, especially at cards.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

From the archive of other serious wholetrack research Dr. Hubbard conducted in the early days of Scientology, when he discovered that the best mathematical odds of a being having "big wins" and "huge gains" was to not play the game and gamble at all---but to be the house.

stratty

From the archive of other serious wholetrack research Dr. Hubbard conducted in the early days of Scientology, when he discovered that the best mathematical odds of a being having "big wins" and "huge gains" was to not play the game and gamble at all---but to be the house.

Massive croupier out-tech displayed here HH. Left hand on the wheel rim? Totally out of order. :D

HelluvaHoax!

Massive croupier out-tech displayed here HH. Left hand on the wheel rim? Totally out of order. :D

LOL!

It would certainly seem like Ron is rigging the roulette wheel in the house's favor by controlling/slowing the spin. However, take another look at Dr. Hubbard's face. Using obnosis, we can now see that he appears shit-faced drunk and is merely using his left hand to brace himself and avoid falling down (on this planet).

:hattip:

Last edited:

stratty

LOL!

It would certainly seem like Ron is rigging the roulette wheel in the house's favor by controlling/slowing the spin. However, take another look at Dr. Hubbard's face. Using obnosis, we can now see that he appears shit-faced drunk and is merely using his left hand to brace himself to avoid falling down.

:hattip:
LOL. I'd actually like to have seen him try and spin that roulette ball properly as well. It's more difficult than it looks, even for wannabe OT's.

Last edited:

Zertel

That photo of Ron would probably NOT have been taken in Las Vegas. Someone at the Vegas Org who knew Ron said he avoided Vegas because it was "still too hot with radiation" from the 1950's tests. Her ex husband was a big shot at the Vegas Org back in the early days. They invited Ron for a visit but he declined.

(The above is unverified Elron trivia - that's what she said he said - lol)

I spent about six months as a staff auditor at the Vegas Org in the mid 1970's and the roulette wheel reminded me of it. Among others I audited a professional gambler, a card dealer and a showgirl. Memories - lol

Last edited: