Banned TED Talk, Russell Targ, ESP, Remote Viewing, SRI

freethinker

Controversial

• Thanks
Reactions: M&M

freethinker

Controversial
I'm not saying one way or the other but when I see the following sentence in a denial of something, it is for the purpose of stopping any further look into the topic:

There is no scientific evidence that remote viewing exists, and the topic of remote viewing is generally regarded as pseudoscience.[2][3][4][5][6][7]
When many papers are written to discourage people from looking further as if it has been researched to all possible ends and nothing is there is common method of directing people away from, and also toward, a subject.

Maybe individuals are foolish enough to spend a half million dollars to get no result but for a large group of people to do the same to no result is suspect. Especially when so many take the time to discredit it, and yet it keeps popping back up despite criticism.

There are many subjects that have received the same seal of disapproval but the subject will not die, people return to it, and it lives on.

I think many people have experienced some form of phenomena that they can't explain and most remain silent about it due to people who publish such papers saying it lacks any proof as if they did the research themselves.

At one time science was legitimate, but has become corrupted by those who want a specific result to their own benefit and those who want the money they receive to keep coming by simply pimping themselves out to concoct a result they did no research, other than read project notes, to determine there is no evidence.

That isn't research and it isn't the true scientific method. It skips the research and goes straight to the opinion of the science prostitutes who care not what they write but the fat paycheck that they get for writing opinion pieces claimed to be learned and wise.

Climate science is one such area. Some people dump a lot of money into methods to legitimize what isn't because they will reap large amounts of money in the end, or power.

If the opinion pieces don't work then they cart out people like Ocasio-Cortez and Greta Thunberg to scare you into believing by telling of disaster in 12 years with no proof at all.

There must be something to it to spend 20 million, years of research ad papers to be written.

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I'm not saying one way or the other but when I see the following sentence in a denial of something, it is for the purpose of stopping any further look into the topic:
Is that why, immediately following the statement you quoted, there are SIX LINKS to relevant material. To stop any further look into the topic?

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
I recall Ingo Swan saying that they had gotten to an 80% success rate by the time he exited the program.

stratty

Against my better judgement I listened to this vid (well, the first 20 minutes or so of it anyway).

The speaker mentioned somebody called Joe McMonagle (I don't know if I have the name exactly right but that's what it sounded like) and described him as "probably the greatest living psychic today", so what I want to know is, if that is the case, how is it that I've never heard of him? If you went out onto the streets of New York or LA or Tampa or wherever it is that you live, I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people have never heard of him either, if you were to ask them.

To me that doesn't make sense. This person is supposedly able to do demonstrate the most stupendous feats of psychic ability, but all I hear is crickets, which leads me to believe there's something not completely kosher about all this and that deep down people know it and consequently he hasn't become a household name, whereas plenty of bogus 'psychics' are far more well-known than he is.

If you want to believe in this stuff that's your business; personally I remain totally unconvinced, and until I see incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, that's the way I'll stay, sorry.

freethinker

Controversial
Is that why, immediately following the statement you quoted, there are SIX LINKS to relevant material. To stop any further look into the topic?
No

freethinker

Controversial
Against my better judgement I listened to this vid (well, the first 20 minutes or so of it anyway).

The speaker mentioned somebody called Joe McMonagle (I don't know if I have the name exactly right but that's what it sounded like) and described him as "probably the greatest living psychic today", so what I want to know is, if that is the case, how is it that I've never heard of him? If you went out onto the streets of New York or LA or Tampa or wherever it is that you live, I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people have never heard of him either, if you were to ask them.

To me that doesn't make sense. This person is supposedly able to do demonstrate the most stupendous feats of psychic ability, but all I hear is crickets, which leads me to believe there's something not completely kosher about all this and that deep down people know it and consequently he hasn't become a household name, whereas plenty of bogus 'psychics' are far more well-known than he is.

If you want to believe in this stuff that's your business; personally I remain totally unconvinced, and until I see incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, that's the way I'll stay, sorry.
Scientology isn't the only one who uses NDA's. In fact, they were created elsewhere.

stratty

Scientology isn't the only one who uses NDA's. In fact, they were created elsewhere.
To me that's like saying 'We can't demonstrate our OT abilities because you wouldn't be able to deal with it'.

I don't mean this in a pejorative way, but you probably believe there are aliens walking among us, whereas I don't.

freethinker

Controversial
To me that's like saying 'We can't demonstrate our OT abilities because you wouldn't be able to deal with it'.

I don't mean this in a pejorative way, but you probably believe there are aliens walking among us, whereas I don't.
Actually I don't, and don't believe in UFO's either because you need space to fly them in.

freethinker

Controversial
lol, where is the Magic thread?

I believe in UFOs cuz I've seen them twice.
You want the Magic thread?

A UFO technically is an unidentified flying object. However in modern culture it is associated with extraterrestrial visitors from another planet.

You may very well have seen something in the air that was unidentified and didn't look like normal aircraft but it doesn't mean it came from some other planet or contained extraterrestrial beings at the controls.

Hatshepsut

Kononia House minister Chuck Missler recently passed away in New Zealand. He was a military historian, wise in his time. This talk to his congregation about the UFO phenomena was deep. (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho)

About a decade ago, I saw an early 60s black and white photograph of a fleet of spaceships flying low over the Golden Gate Bridge. It was either taken from the sky by military or from a hilltop in San Francisco. I've never seen it since.

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
You want the Magic thread?

A UFO technically is an unidentified flying object. However in modern culture it is associated with extraterrestrial visitors from another planet.

You may very well have seen something in the air that was unidentified and didn't look like normal aircraft but it doesn't mean it came from some other planet or contained extraterrestrial beings at the controls.
What I saw was definitely not standard fare in the flying objects dept. It was cubic in shape and vanished from a vast expanse of blue sky (in broad daylight) in about 1 second. The other was a night sighting of something flying, stopping, another object descending from the 1st and then both flying off.

freethinker

Controversial
What I saw was definitely not standard fare in the flying objects dept. It was cubic in shape and vanished from a vast expanse of blue sky (in broad daylight) in about 1 second. The other was a night sighting of something flying, stopping, another object descending from the 1st and then both flying off.
I've heard the cube object described before. I have a friend who said he saw one in Bermuda that he said went very fast in a line and then suddenly went 90 degrees instantly and disappeared.

I watched a documentary once on people telling their story of encounters. One thing that was brought up is turns at 90 degrees at the acceleration spoken of could not be tolerated. Force suddenly changing directions that fast on a physical object would likely kill whatever was inside. They may not be physical objects at all.

mimsey borogrove

You might read his book - it goes into the project in greater detail. His point is that it is a natural ability, but it needs practice, and sometimes it gets fuzzy results. He goes into some remote viewing tests they performed, how they did it - some of the results, how remote viewing solved the Patty Hurst case. He has an app that you can down load on your phone to train yourself. It's much like some of the Scientology OT wins - they happen but not necessarily on command, and are thus hard to pin down.

Mimsey

1572527904552.jpeg

stratty

You might read his book - it goes into the project in greater detail. His point is that it is a natural ability, but it needs practice, and sometimes it gets fuzzy results. He goes into some remote viewing tests they performed, how they did it - some of the results, how remote viewing solved the Patty Hurst case. He has an app that you can down load on your phone to train yourself. It's much like some of the Scientology OT wins - they happen but not necessarily on command, and are thus hard to pin down.

Mimsey
I use the example Enthetan often uses re. scientology - if it really was effective, people would be queuing around the block to get some. This is not some skill like solving maths problems in your head in lightning quick time, you're talking about an ability that humans have been obsessed with since the year dot, and if somebody had finally REALLY AND TRULY CRACKED IT it would be worldwide sensation, but in fact only a small clique of 'believers' know about it. Why? I rest my case.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I saw something almost exactly like that about four years ago.

I was at a stoplight in a sparsely populated area. It was late afternoon and I was facing south with the sun in the west. As I pulled up to the light, something caught my eye. I looked up, and there was a black disk just hanging there motionless in the sky, maybe a quarter mile away from me.

Just as I was about to glance down to find my cell phone, it took off toward the west and was gone in the blink of an eye.