Auditing effectiveness...Does it really work?

MAQ

Hi!

I am new here and need some information regarding dianetics & its effectiveness in treating mental problems like anxiety, OCD, insomnia, trauma etc. It would really help me to decide whether to go for auditing sessions if you guys could answer the following questions. Feel free to share your all your opinions and experiences with dianetics:

1. Does it really work or is it just a hoax? If it works, are the results permanent?
2. How long does it normally take for a PC to become clear?
3. Do they start with self-analysis before starting the actual auditing sessions? How long do the self-analysis sessions last?
4. Could you just sign-up for auditing sessions as a form of therapy or do they force you to join the church of scientology at some point?
5. From what i have seen, they ask you to re-experience your traumatic memories (engrams) over and over again. Does it make you feel annoyed at some point? Do they have any coping strategies if someone gets emotionally overwhelmed while doing so?
6. They ask for very detailed descriptions of the incidents. What if someone experienced something so drastic earlier in their lives that they just dont feel comfortable explaining the incident in detail? Do they offer any alternative strategies for that?
7. Do they follow any client confidentiality policy in their code of ethics?
8. An auditing session looks quite similar to abreaction therapy in general psychology. What makes it different from classical psychotherapy?
9. What do TRs entail? Are they helpful in terms of improving mental health or are they mostly targeted towards skill development?

I have been suffering from anxiety, OCD, insomnia & fibromyalgia for quite a few years. One of my acquaintances told me about dianetics. Some people have recommeded EFT (Emotional Freedon Technique or tapping). I need to decide between the two and this forum is just what i was looking for to get some valid information. I am pretty much already familiar with dark side of scientology. What i am looking for here is to get an opinion about the benefits & its efficacy in treating mental conditions, if there is any!

Thanks & regards!
MAQ

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)
Dianetics isn't a very effective therapy, quite apart from its catastrophic relationship to Scientology. There's a difference between getting auditing in the CofS and getting it from some field practitioner no longer connected to the CofS, but there's still the Scientology connection.

I suggest reading ESMB a bunch to get some more familiarity with it all.

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Hi!

I am new here and need some information regarding dianetics & its effectiveness in treating mental problems like anxiety, OCD, insomnia, trauma etc. It would really help me to decide whether to go for auditing sessions if you guys could answer the following questions. Feel free to share your all your opinions and experiences with dianetics:

1. Does it really work or is it just a hoax? If it works, are the results permanent?
3. Do they start with self-analysis before starting the actual auditing sessions? How long do the self-analysis sessions last?
4. Could you just sign-up for auditing sessions as a form of therapy or do they force you to join the church of scientology at some point?
5. From what i have seen, they ask you to re-experience your traumatic memories (engrams) over and over again. Does it make you feel annoyed at some point? Do they have any coping strategies if someone gets emotionally overwhelmed while doing so?
6. They ask for very detailed descriptions of the incidents. What if someone experienced something so drastic earlier in their lives that they just dont feel comfortable explaining the incident in detail? Do they offer any alternative strategies for that?
8. An auditing session looks quite similar to abreaction therapy in general psychology. What makes it different from classical psychotherapy?
9. What do TRs entail? Are they helpful in terms of improving mental health or are they mostly targeted towards skill development?

I have been suffering from anxiety, OCD, insomnia & fibromyalgia for quite a few years. One of my acquaintances told me about dianetics. Some people have recommeded EFT (Emotional Freedon Technique or tapping). I need to decide between the two and this forum is just what i was looking for to get some valid information. I am pretty much already familiar with dark side of scientology. What i am looking for here is to get an opinion about the benefits & its efficacy in treating mental conditions, if there is any!

Thanks & regards!
MAQ
[1] No. It's a hoax.
[2] There is no such thing as 'Clear'. It's a part of the bait & switch.
[3] Dunno
[4] They are only interested in your money.
[5] There are rote proceedures for dealing with most situations that may arise.
[6] The way out is the way through. <sarcasm>
[7] They say they do but if you fall foul of them in any way all bets are off.
[8] It's much more expensive.
[9] Staring at people. No. No.

Sorry, this is my cynics guide to scientology. I'm sure others will provide more substantial answers to your questions.

Dex G

In my experience, it tends to be "hit or miss", some benefits, some disappointments, you have to maintain your own perspective, not submit to peer pressure and indoctrinations; the moment you feel any degree of fear of being treated badly for being out of step with the system, it's time to distance yourself to see the big picture. It doesn't live up to the hype in general, and contrary to the indoctrination, that's because it isn't perfect, and it isn't your fault. Most of us who have invested much time, energy and money into it eventually felt used and lied to, and were, which is not to say that there weren't any beneficial things. I can't endorse walking into the organization, and there are better ways, but if you really want to experience it, you're better of with one of the better independent ("freezone") practitioners, not connected to the "Church" of Scientology. Look for one who isn't raging against other practitioners, and isn't too pushy, or unrealistic in what they expect of you in return. Also, there are a good number of folks, like myself, who evolved beyond their Scientology experience, and have something safer and better to offer. Use your search engine and shop around :)

lotus

Gone away from madness!
What you have to ask first is: what are the proven effective therapies for OCD, PTSD, and mood and anxiety disorders? ;
Then you will come up with clinical studies, regarding effectiveness of several therapies, but one way or the other, it will relate to the psychology field, but in no way to either Dianetics or $scientology.

Dianetics, scientology, auditing have never ever been proven effective since they are actually not considered as therapies nor they belong to the mental health field. Neither any clinical study have ever been conducted to evaluate their effectiveness regarding mental health care.

No research has ever been done. It's all based on the guru pretense who was a ty a charlatan, liar and suffered severe mental illness and personality disorder.

Among effective proven therapies are cognitive behavioral therapy and EMDR which can be both delivered either by a licensed psychologist or physiotherapist.

The good news are that the price is very affordable, they can work in a short time base and are focussed on getting results VS client goals achievement.

Regarding Scientogy; It is a money scam and may defenitely worsen any mental condition. It's an abusive cult and their processes are only oriented to control people and manipulate their mind in beliefs like they are invaded by Ms y entities they must cure with expensive auditing. You can find many testimonies in searching for psychotic breaks and suicides in scientology.

Get professional help if you need mental health care!

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Hi!

Thanks & regards!
MAQ
Hi MAQ,

:welcome2:

I'll just say that Dianetics does NOT deliver what is promised. Not one Clear has been created with all the abilities as promised by Hubbard.

Hubbard couldn't even resolve his own mental issues despite having access to the very best practitioners. Just as you wouldn't hire a plumber if you knew he had water leaks all over his own home along with a backed up toilet, I wouldn't recommend someone that created a mental health therapy when he couldn't resolve his own very serious issues.

I have personally used EFT in the past and it dramatically helped me with a couple of pretty severe allergies. If you're gonna try it on any issues you're wishing to address I'd try to find the best possible practitioner you can, and one with a track record of successfully helping people with those particular issues.

Back some years ago I worked for a company that marketed a program by Lucinda Bassett called "Attacking Anxiety and Depression" which I believe uses CBT techniques (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). I heard some good feedback from people who used it and got positive results.

For insomnia I've had good results using a sleep supplements. You can also get a sleep study done to make sure you're not dealing with sleep apnea or other issues.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Hey Maq,

Dianetics does not do what it advertises that it does. First, it states that there is such a thing as a Reactive Mind and an Analytical Mind. This has not been proven at all by anyone, anywhere at any time, other than the author of Dianetics. You really don't need to go much further than that.

Anyone that says that it works, in any way, small or otherwise, should be held responsible for making a claim about something that could bring harm.

There are sooooo many other things that could be done. I am always amazed by someone that says "I've tried everything", when they haven't tried something simple as exercise, or changing up their diet, or Chiropractic, or massage. Not saying that you are saying that.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
In my experience, it tends to be "hit or miss", some benefits, some disappointments, you have to maintain your own perspective, not submit to peer pressure and indoctrinations; the moment you feel any degree of fear of being treated badly for being out of step with the system, it's time to distance yourself to see the big picture. It doesn't live up to the hype in general, and contrary to the indoctrination, that's because it isn't perfect, and it isn't your fault. Most of us who have invested much time, energy and money into it eventually felt used and lied to, and were, which is not to say that there weren't any beneficial things. I can't endorse walking into the organization, and there are better ways, but if you really want to experience it, you're better of with one of the better independent ("freezone") practitioners, not connected to the "Church" of Scientology. Look for one who isn't raging against other practitioners, and isn't too pushy, or unrealistic in what they expect of you in return. Also, there are a good number of folks, like myself, who evolved beyond their Scientology experience, and have something safer and better to offer. Use your search engine and shop around :)
Specifically, what benefits have you seen from Dianetics? What are those circumstances?

HelluvaHoax!

ANSWER: Approximately 98% of the people who tried Scientology since 1950 abandoned it because it miserably failed to produce any of the results that were sold. Hubbard's "technology" should not be inferred to have "worked" on the other 2%. That's simply due to the fact that a small percentage of people have learning disabilities.

ANSWER: If anyone ever goes clear we'll be delighted to report back to you on that.

ANSWER: Self-analysis has never been part of the "Bridge To Total Freedom" that Hubbard sold to credulous marks, because it produces no more "spiritual gain" than calling up an old friend and reminiscing. Wogs already know how to do that without paying Hubbard's cult $600,000, simply by beginning a sentence with these five (5) words: "Remember the time when.....?"

ANSWER: They force you to join the Church of Scientology. They also force you to sign contracts attesting that you joined the Church of Scientology of your own free will.

5. From what i have seen, they ask you to re-experience your traumatic memories (engrams) over and over again. Does it make you feel annoyed at some point?
ANSWER: Yes, you get extremely annoyed. However Scientology has a remedy for that too. They keep giving you new "tech estimates" of how many hours you need to buy, until the Scientologist's "attention units" are no longer forcing them to articulate these annoyances to others (or themselves).

ANSWER: Yes, the alternative stragegy is to ask the person if they want to attest to Clear, after which the PC no longer has to explain incidents in detail to others--due to the fact that the upper levels are audited solo---and there's no one else in the session.

ANSWER: Absolutely! There is a strict client confidentiality policy! The only exception of this inviolably sacred policy is in the rare event that a Scientologist does not follow orders or in the case that Scientology management doesn't feel like following the policy that day.

ANSWER: Yes, an auditing session looks similar to that. It also looks similar to a lot of other things, such as philosophy, religion, science, cult con games, Gypsy psychic advisors, charlatanism & quackery.

Dex G

Specifically, what benefits have you seen from Dianetics? What are those circumstances?
I have seen chronic physical discomforts resolved, and some positive changes of attitude relating to things that had previously been disturbing. Again, in my view, not the most efficient approach, and not always effective, but these can and do happen. Some find it miraculous, some find it completely ineffective; we all need to find out what works best for ourselves individually, in my opinion.

cleared cannibal

If it was totally ineffective they couldnt scam people. The danger is that it is hard to know when you are being indoctrinated. Really not much different than being put in a re-education camp for political dissidents. Are they effective? Depends on ones viewpoint I guess.

TOO DANGEROUS TO MESS WITH.

O

Out Ethics

I would recommend staying away from everything related to Scientology, Dianetics, L Ron Hubbard.
It is dangerous, Scientology does not work and neither does Dianetics.
Anything good or helpful was copied by Hubbard to lure you in and trap you.
It’s a cult that is only after your money and free labor.
Very very dangerous to play with.
Try other stuff. Lots of good help out there and you will find something that will help you.

Type4_PTS

If it was totally ineffective they couldnt scam people. The danger is that it is hard to know when you are being indoctrinated. Really not much different than being put in a re-education camp for political dissidents. Are they effective? Depends on ones viewpoint I guess.

Exactly! Just as it would be difficult to go fishing or trap mice or certain other animals without some bait.

O

Out Ethics

It’s as effective as crystal meth or heroine. You will get manipulated into trying it and if you do, years of your life will be gone with nothing of value to show for it but financial ruin and messed up family. It destroys people just like addictive drugs.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I have seen chronic physical discomforts resolved, and some positive changes of attitude relating to things that had previously been disturbing. Again, in my view, not the most efficient approach, and not always effective, but these can and do happen. Some find it miraculous, some find it completely ineffective; we all need to find out what works best for ourselves individually, in my opinion.
I've seen that as well, but without using Dianetics, drugs, surgery, hypnosis, etc. I also have not recently started posting on this board in such a way that could be construed as advertising for potential patients.

lotus

Gone away from madness!
As mentioned by @Type4_PTS, I too used and am still using EFT with great results regarding anxiety.
Also, a general prescription (from doctors) to lessen anxiety, depression and sleep disorders is always related to lifestyle and include daily exercicing which releases the well being hormones and it's fun and free.
Walking in parks, in nature is such a great healer and if combined with mindfulness meditation ( proven anxiety, trauma reducing tool) it brings about major changes in a short time (work on the glandular hormonal axe)

Last edited:

Dex G

I've seen that as well, but without using Dianetics, drugs, surgery, hypnosis, etc. I also have not recently started posting on this board in such a way that could be construed as advertising for potential patients.
Well, good for you, and thanks for that passive-aggressive dart you tossed my way. Are you saying that you are engaged in helping people with such issues, or merely that you've observed such things? I started posting on this board to thank Pirate & Bum for his kind words and to clarify his understanding of the video of mine that he posted.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Well, good for you, and thanks for that passive-aggressive dart you tossed my way. Are you saying that you are engaged in helping people with such issues, or merely that you've observed such things? I started posting on this board to thank Pirate & Bum for his kind words and to clarify his understanding of the video of mine that he posted.
All I am saying is I find it interesting that someone posted a question on this board regarding Dianetics, you said what you said in #10 above, and started a thread on the board ostensibly selling your services.

Dex G

All I'm saying is that you paint the picture that you find self-serving, to justify your own bias. And you are dead wrong. I haven't started any thread, here, at least so far. I replied on an existing thread posted by someone else. I'm not even an advocate of Scientology or Dianetics, just giving what is for me a fair assessment. I have as much right as anyone else here to share my opinion, whether you like it or not. As I said, I joined the board in response to a posting of my video and some kind words said about me. You could have private messaged me and we could have had a dialog easily enough if you were asking instead of asserting, but you wanted to put on a show to "take me down". I'm proud of my work, I have nothing to apologize for, and if you take offense at something being posted that might interest people in my services, why don't you take it up with the person who posted my video when I wasn't a member.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAQ