As Thanksgiving begins to get back to normal, it’s time to pass the Source again!

Karen#1

Excerpt:
A year ago, we hoped that our U.S. readers were marking the Thanksgiving holiday by not gathering with their friends and family.

What a strange couple of years it’s been, and in some places the pandemic is as bad as ever. But thanks to vaccines, at least some families will be getting together this holiday for something resembling our pre-coronavirus lives.

So once again, we’d like to hear what you’re grateful for this year, whether you are gathering with loved ones or not. And to help celebrate our (partial) return to normalcy, we’re going to bring back one of our favorite Thanksgiving articles and once again, pass the Source!

Riddick

I clap to no man
Excerpt:
A year ago, we hoped that our U.S. readers were marking the Thanksgiving holiday by not gathering with their friends and family.

What a strange couple of years it’s been, and in some places the pandemic is as bad as ever. But thanks to vaccines, at least some families will be getting together this holiday for something resembling our pre-coronavirus lives.

So once again, we’d like to hear what you’re grateful for this year, whether you are gathering with loved ones or not. And to help celebrate our (partial) return to normalcy, we’re going to bring back one of our favorite Thanksgiving articles and once again, pass the Source!

gotta love Hubbard's rhetoric in that speech or lecture to persuade. He makes it sound like it is true if you were once a believer like me. When I listened to that lecture, I thought once I get to OT levels, why I would remember such things as hubbard mentioned. Turns out on OT1-8 that has nothing to do with it, we thought we would recall such things thru auditing, but nope, it turned out to be auditing BT's.

What about that last line Tony posted:

"Ah, the only reason I’m telling you this rather humorous anecdote is just to pound it home to you a little bit that you’re basically in competition with you."

Anecdote
An anecdote is a brief, revealing account of an individual person or an incident: "a story with a point," such as to communicate an abstract idea about a person, place, or thing through the concrete details of a short narrative or to characterize by delineating a specific quirk or trait. Occasionally humorous, anecdotes differ from jokes because their primary purpose is not simply to provoke laughter but to reveal a truth more general than the brief tale itself.

Turns out Hubbard's anecdote is bullshit, nobody went clear or OT. It's just a story of maybe.

Gawd, we was duped.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I am thankful for my kids and grandkids (another one on the way!), all our continued physical and mental health, and a wife who continues to put up with me.

Riddick

I clap to no man
I am thankful for my kids and grandkids (another one on the way!), all our continued physical and mental health, and a wife who continues to put up with me.
tell me about it, when the wife came home from doing the regulat 6 month checks on OT7, why she was all worked up, lets do this, let;s do that. I'm like are you kidding me, we don't have the money, what she would say, she all glamoured eyed and also fanatic, I'm like whoa, argument ensures. 3 days later, she says thanks for keeping me on the planet. Oh boy, what a hard mess to deal with.

Which is why I have stated Hubbard thru his words creates this "sublime", a feeling of all powerful. The whole bridge to total freedom creates this sublime from lower level auditing to the OT levels. I mean it's quite sublme to do Grade 0 auditing and the EP is One can commuicate to anybody, and Grade 1 problems, be able to solve problems at any time, and so on up the bridge.

Rhetoric and sublime are linked:

For Longinus, the sublime is an adjective that describes great, elevated, or lofty thought or language, particularly in the context of rhetoric. As such, the sublime inspires awe and veneration, with greater persuasive powers.

Sublime (philosophy) - Wikipedia

I might add, other groups do the same.