Amended: Archived ESMB Forums are now available.

Isaac

The meaning of "Let's Go Brandon!" is very specifically directed towards just one individual:

I do know that PTST4
I was cutting a present time joke that you and Dan obviously did not like

I apologize profusley for using that analogy to say fuck you to osa
but I thought it was funny

"Let's Go Brandon" could be used to say fuck you to anyone, really
my friends are saying it to each other and we think its funny
Unless there is a rule book somewhere I never was copied on

Dan

I do know that PTST4
I was cutting a present time joke that you and Dan obviously did not like

I apologize profusley for using that analogy to say fuck you to osa
but I thought it was funny

"Let's Go Brandon" could be used to say fuck you to anyone, really
my friends are saying it to each other and we think its funny
Unless there is a rule book somewhere I never was copied on
It was kinda funny..........if you're 12

Isaac

It was kinda funny..........if you're 12
duly noted
what's the matter Dan, are you having a bad day?
you seem triggered by the stupid joke
in the big picture of life, it really does not matter
breath in slowly and let it out with a sigh

newsflash - who cares

Dan

Isaac, I'm not triggered. I'm not even angry. Having a pretty decent day, actually.

I do think on the whole that you are acting like a silly child on this thread, which is on the public side of ESMB2. You are crapping it up with some of your goofy, pedantic and childish posts. Keep the "Lets Go Brandon" stuff, including the F word and all of your 12 year old humor on the relevant Member's Only threads.

But, ultimately this is the owner and moderator's call. I'll block you and go about my nice day.

TheSneakster

But, ultimately this is the owner and moderator's call. I'll block you and go about my nice day.
Just remember that blocking people on XenForo does not stop them from viewing and replying to your comments on this or other threads.

Dan

Just remember that blocking people on XenForo does not stop them from viewing and replying to your comments on this or other threads.
That's fine. Not worried about that at all. I'm not at war with Isaac. Far from it. Just taking a break from him for a day or so. Other than on this thread I've had no issues with his posts.

Just wanted to give him a little paddlin.... :smack:

Isaac

That's fine. Not worried about that at all. I'm not at war with Isaac. Far from it. Just taking a break from him for a day or so. Other than on this thread I've had no issues with his posts.

Just wanted to give him a little paddlin.... :smack:
OMG Dan, you are still rambling on about the joke
Unbelievable
And - you are going to block me because you are so offended :screwy:

Here ya go...
Go ahead, print out the form
Fill it out and see if that doesn't make you feel better

1642644640602.png

• LoL
Reactions: Dan

mimsey borogrove

Pepin

Forum database records for Users, Forums, Posts, Comments and likes in both forum databases each have record ID numbers which are required to be unique. All of these record ID numbers for the tables in the old forum database almost certainly conflict with record ID numbers in the new forum database.

For the database User table, there is no way to reliably identify which old User records correspond to which new ones. Every post and comment record has a posting User Id in it. The Forums table has similar problems (which old forum corresponds to which new one).

A custom program could maybe be written to insert unique new records for all the old user IDs, then insert the text of posts and comments from the old database as new posts and comments with Forum IDs, User IDs, Post IDs and Comment IDs all updated. The actual post texts would have to be edited to update the proper ID numbers in Quotations from other posts/comments.

This process is extremely non-trivial, would take several ages by hand, a shorter age to attempt programmatically, and it would risk corruption of the current forums database (old forum database only needs to be read, not modified).

Now add to that extreme server security issues for both forums, if this is to be done remotely by some trusted database programmer who is not P&B or Emma.
Yeah. that sounds like a huge hairball, but I suppose if the old id's could be married to the new id's the posts would follow. Probably have to run it in a lab environment a few times to see if it works. It will take many many hours to verify

TheSneakster

Well, it's been fourteen (14) weeks with no update on the repairs to archive ESMB and no update from @Emma as to how that project is coming along or how she is doing. The XenForo site is still up and still disabled. It certainly appears to me that it is not coming back. :(

I hope Emma is OK, whatever is going on.

Isaac

Well, it's been fourteen (14) weeks with no update on the repairs to archive ESMB and no update from @Emma as to how that project is coming along or how she is doing. The XenForo site is still up and still disabled. It certainly appears to me that it is not coming back. :(
I believe I called it a while ago - I knew she was not going to bring it back
For those of you that vehemently defended the "founder"
What do you think now?

It was a valuable tool for lurkers to get the truth about Scientology, deprogram and leave
I will bet Scientology had something to do with it
IMO - Hate me or love me - I am going to speak my mind here - Money talks - it always has and always will

Zertel

I'm not real tech savvy and I don't know how much of a project it would have been for someone to copy the whole thing and preserve it. Maybe someone should start copying this forum in case it gets sabotaged.

Last edited:

Ed8

I believe I called it a while ago - I knew she was not going to bring it back
For those of you that vehemently defended the "founder"
What do you think now?

It was a valuable tool for lurkers to get the truth about Scientology, deprogram and leave
I will bet Scientology had something to do with it
IMO - Hate me or love me - I am going to speak my mind here - Money talks - it always has and always will
:no:

Hatshepsut

I have a hunch that Alanzo has something to do with this. (I hope I'm wrong.)

The content of old ESMB is invaluable and must be retrieved.
Alanzo?

Someone might have bribed for permission to destroy or erase the ESMB archives?
I was sure someone had already copied the entire site. Of course, it's not the same as making it interactive with links and all, an almost impossible task. As a matter of fact, I thought you, Veda, would be the most likely one to have found a site to preseve some of it. Guess not.

TheSneakster

I have a hunch that Alanzo has something to do with this. (I hope I'm wrong.)
Well, it appears to me from examination of the page headers that @Emma was/is in the middle upgrading the XenForo version. The Forum database should have migrated to the new version with a tool XenForo provides.

I don't see what Alanzo might have to do with that. I don't think he had the technical knowledge required to remotely trash the database.

The content of old ESMB is invaluable and must be retrieved.

Yes, on this I totally agree with you for once.