Amended: Archived ESMB Forums are now available.

TheSneakster

What if each thread was turned into a pdf? Could that be done to preserve the old forum?
That could be done programmatically, provided that the PHP installation on the old ESMB server has the PDF extension module.

But none of this may be necessary. I think I understand what is going on now. The parking page shows a XenForo copyright for 2021. Maybe she is in the process of updating the XenForo installation from an old version. The message database has to be updated to the new version, if that is the case. Perhaps there have been issues.

TheSneakster

I doubt anyone outside the police and some lawyers would have had any access to the data,
OSA International Investigations unit is just as capable of infiltrating enforcement agencies and suborning corrupt agency personnel as the old Guardian Office. The old G.O. was known to have done this a year or more in advance of actual operations in some cases.

Civilian 3rd party computer security contractors were almost certainly hired to handle the forensic examination of Emma's personal computers and the ESMB server. The first step of such an examination is to clone the hard drives.

With an OSA secret budget in the millions, it would be fairly trivial to obtain an extra copy of those drives from either an infiltrated operative or suborned personnel in either the law enforcement agency or the IT firm.

All of this does not mean it actually happened. It means that it would be prudent to assume it did.

Addendum: this is the standard reference text throughout the the IT world: Practical Unix & Internet Security by Eugene Spafford, one of the old school Net.Gods who cracked the Morris Worm which brought down most of the Internet in November 1988. According to Spafford, once an attacker gains physical access to a system, there are no effective security measures that are going to keep attackers out of it.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

That could be done programmatically, provided that the PHP installation on the old ESMB server has the PDF extension module.

But none of this may be necessary. I think I understand what is going on now. The parking page shows a XenForo copyright for 2021. Maybe she is in the process of updating the XenForo installation from an old version. The message database has to be updated to the new version, if that is the case. Perhaps there have been issues.

In a xenforo community forum someone asked:
Is there any "easy" way to merge two xenforo systems together...? ((forums/members))

I am acquiring someones 'business' I guess you could say, or at least bringing it in under my 'umbrella' -- bottom line is we both run XF systems, but to create ONE community I want to merge in their users and ideally forums/messages into our XenForo installation.

Is that even a possible idea? Is there some way to do that or an XF vendor that offers that type of assistance?

A xenforo moderator responded:

There is an XF to XF importer available as an add-on you can download from your customer area.

I have no idea as to whether this would enable us to do what people here are hoping for, but posting the link to the thread in case it is possibly helpful.

Last edited:

mimsey borogrove

I doubt anyone outside the police and some lawyers would have had any access to the data, especially with no charges or prosecution involved.

We do have some privacy laws here.

If it had gone to court, then some information would become public.

I think the whole thing was purely for harassment and intimidation and to wreak havoc on the forum.

It worked for a few minutes.
Them's not the problem, David Miscavage, & OSA would love to take down ESMB once and for all, so whatever time she needs to do her thang is fine by me. If they could get their mitts on it, they would destroy it, harass all who posted, and seeing as none of us have enough coin to take them to court, it would be lost forever. Nah. Just chill and let her take her sweet time - she knows the stakes and the ropes. She's a smart cookie.

Mimsey

Type4_PTS

As the Sneakster said it's not possible to merge the 2 boards.

I've msg'd Emma offline asking her when ESMB will be back...

I know there were technical barriers to doing that in the past. I wonder if it is possible now. :unsure:

From the xenforo manual:

Importing data from other software
XenForo has the ability to import information from other forums, including users, forums, threads, posts and private messages, along with various other data.

This can be extremely useful if you are migrating your forum from another software package, or if your forum needs to merge with, or absorb another forum site.

XenForo importers are now installed via a separate add-on which you can download from your Customer area.

At the time of writing, XenForo 2 supports importing data from the following sources:

• XenForo 2.x
  • vBulletin 3.6 to 5.3
  • IPS 4.x
  • phpBB 3.2 to 3.3
  • SMF 2.0
  • MyBB 1.8
  • Discourse 2.x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<snip>

Is this part (below) a deal breaker?

Retain content IDs
At this point, you will also be asked if you want to Retain content IDs. This option can only be used on a completely empty XenForo installation, that has no threads and posts. The setting will attempt to retain the IDs of the data that is imported, so that a thread that has an ID of 2563 in the source database will be imported with an ID of 2563 in the XenForo database.

If Retain content IDs is not selected, data will be imported with sequential IDs that do not match the source database. This is the default option, and in most cases is faster and more reliable.

Don't worry about existing links in search engines etc. pointing to URLs using the old source IDs. Many importers supply redirection scripts that can seamlessly redirect visits to old pages in your source system to their corresponding new pages in XenForo.

Isaac

As the Sneakster said it's not possible to merge the 2 boards.

I've msg'd Emma offline asking her when ESMB will be back...
Fair enough - no problem if she wanted to archive the board for her own reasons she chooses not to share

I only want to know if and when it will be back so I can use it as a tool to help others wake up and get out
It contains years of excellent testimonials and research on how we got played like a fiddle to join a cult and give up money and time following a crazy knob who claimed to hold the key for our spiritual freedom

Did she respond?
What program is she using to archive the board?
I am not familiar with how it is done and am now curious
How long does the system she is using take?
Thanks for helping get the info

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough - no problem if she wanted to archive the board for her own reasons she chooses not to share

I only want to know if and when it will be back so I can use it as a tool to help others wake up and get out
It contains years of excellent testimonials and research on how we got played like a fiddle to join a cult and give up money and time following a crazy knob who claimed to hold the key for our spiritual freedom

Did she respond?
I am not familiar with how it is done and am now curious
How long does the system she is using take?
Thanks for helping get the info
AFAIK, She's updating the site to the latest version of Xenforo

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Emma had her reasons for wanting to archive-mode ESMB otherwise she could have handed the board over to me to continue on.
Yes. She said she wanted to keep it in archive mode and not allow anyone to tamper with the content..
The only way she felt she could achieve that was to keep it going herself and keep overall control of it.

TheSneakster

Not "archive the board". Put the board into archive mode which means the existing content will be left intact, but no new posts or comments may be made.

Cat's Squirrel

It is prudent to assume that by now, OSA knows the real world identities of pretty much any pseudonymous user who was active on ESMB at that time.
I think anyone who really wanted to to could work out who I was in RL (there are enough clues about me from my posting history both here and on the old ESMB), but I don't make it easy for them and at this time it's not something I'm overly worried about. I don't think anyone else here posting under a pseudonym should be either.

Isaac

I think anyone who really wanted to to could work out who I was in RL (there are enough clues about me from my posting history both here and on the old ESMB), but I don't make it easy for them and at this time it's not something I'm overly worried about. I don't think anyone else here posting under a pseudonym should be either.
I don't think OSA knows everyone
I have a friend still in that posts here and OSA has NO CLUE
They are a mole and feed info to those of us that want to know what's happening in the Org
some of that info may even land here
oh, and Let's Go Brandon - (to OSA):D

TheSneakster

I was quite specifically talking about persons who were members of the original ESMB at the time her computers were raided back in 2012. All of her electronic communications were compromised.

cakemaker

I have a friend still in that posts here and OSA has NO CLUE
They are a mole and feed info to those of us that want to know what's happening in the Org
some of that info may even land here
oh, and Let's Go Brandon - (to OSA):D
What's the Biden-OSA connection?

Type4_PTS