Amended: Archived ESMB Forums are now available.

Isaac

Where did you come up with that weird & wacky rumor?

How would it even be possible to make money off the board?

Ain't makin' sense.

Another member sent me a message
said board members contributed money each year
I have no clue
I was not around
Is that true?
Did you contribute money each year ?
I wouldn’t care
Seems rational

My purpose for piping up here
on this thread is I was hoping that board does not go away

I am curious
do you care if it goes away?

IMO, this board should be a safe place
so we can have an Ideal Board
kind of like an Ideal Org without all of the mind fuckery

1642341570210.png

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Another member sent me a message
said board members contributed money each year
I have no clue
I was not around
Is that true?
Did you contribute money each year ?
I wouldn’t care
Seems rational

My purpose for piping up here
on this thread is I was hoping that board does not go away

I am curious
do you care if it goes away?

IMO, this board should be a safe place
so we can have an Ideal Board
kind of like an Ideal Org without all of the mind fuckery

View attachment 16312

Oh I see how you got that idea. Yes, members can and normally do help donate money each year (purely voluntary) to support certain board expenses but the amounts are typically modest.

Yes, I care if the old board remains accessible, there is such a great amount of info, insight and whistleblowing about our favorite cult. It would be a shame if that was lost as so many have been helped by reading the many wise and entertaining posts there!

Ed8

I just would love to have the old messages back up in some form. I have a small project in mind: to make a record of what tech claimed by Hubbard as his own that was invented by others.

TheSneakster

Sneaks.. you show that angry face a lot and it makes no sense here
You falsely accused Emma of making money off of ESMB.

Back in 2012, the C of S OSA lied to the Australian feds claiming ESMB was being used by enemy critics to plan terrorist attacks on their buildings (they claimed their had been bomb threats, doubtless false flagged). As a result, Emma was arrested at gunpoint (in front of her children!!!) every computer and laptop in her house was seized and searched, and ESMB was offline for about a week during which the entire message database (including all private messages exchanged between users), user registration database, and HTTP server logs (with IP addresses) were copied and searched. No charges were ever filed.

As far as I am concerned, she is a damned hero for continuing to run ESMB after that. Yeah, I'm rightfully pissed off at your slander.

Addendum: It is entirely prudent to assume that OSA did not go to all that trouble for any other reason than to obtain extra forensic copies of all those hard drives and the ESMB forum database. It is prudent to assume that by now, OSA knows the real world identities of pretty much any pseudonymous user who was active on ESMB at that time.

Last edited:

Warrior

After she was shot in the face by Mr Arnie Lerma....Mrs Arnie Lerma went back INTO the cult of Scientology
and disconnected from ex scientologists but Scientology would not have her back so she betrayed friends who
trusted her to go back into the very thing that shattered her family more than once
Your allegations are false.
1) Ginger never went back into Scientology. You know this because you yourself have stated that
"Scientology would not have her back".
2) Ginger hasn't betrayed anyone, nor has she disconnected from ex-Scientologists.
3) Arnie shattered the relationship, not Scientology.

mimsey borogrove

I think a lot of people paid to keep the board going and also contributed very important info
Not understanding the air of hositility for bringing this subject up
What was the purpose of the board to begin with?
Erma, from what I understand, made money off of the board?

Don't you want the board up or do you simply not care to provide tools for lurkers to get the truth about Scientology?
I do
To not care seems to be one of those scientological side effects still lingering; hositility and a lack of empathy
Oh, absolutely - Erma made a super killing on ESMB when she sold it to David Miscavage. Emma, on the other hand is a saint, donating thousands of hours putting up with the usual suspects who post here. Mimsey
1642374093128.png

Isaac

Is it possible for the old board to be married with this new board & form just one ex Scientology message board?
the old board was so helpful while decompressing
I am not good with computers and don’t know what that would entail
but seems to be “a” solution
that would be great

TheSneakster

Is it possible for the old board to be married with this new board & form just one ex Scientology message board?
I'm speaking as an experienced PHP+MySQL database applications programmer, here.

That is not even remotely feasible as that two forum databases are entirely incompatible.

Karen#1

Your allegations are false.
1) Ginger never went back into Scientology. You know this because you yourself have stated that
"Scientology would not have her back".
2) Ginger hasn't betrayed anyone, nor has she disconnected from ex-Scientologists.
3) Arnie shattered the relationship, not Scientology.
NO, some falsehoods here.
Scott Campbell brought Ginger Sugerman into my home to do some youTUBE shows which she willingly and happily did
When she flipped she alleged to YOUTUBE that I was "INVADING her privacy"
I was alerted by YOUTUBE and took down the videos.
THEN
Even after I sent her a generous donation on Arnie's death
Ginger writes a tissue of lies to the legal department of Vimeo, because her video was up there.
I did another takedown.
Ginger temporarily had a website saying some nasty things about me.
The website is long gone but she clearly betrayed my friendship and I would trust her no more than a rattlesnake.

Last edited:

Isaac

I'm speaking as an experienced PHP+MySQL database applications programmer, here.

That is not even remotely feasible as that two forum databases are entirely incompatible.
Oh, I did not know that
The boards kind of look the same
I would think there must be some way to preserve that info
Any ideas? Maybe we all pitch in to keep it going so she wouldn’t have to deal with it if it has become a hassle ?
Anyone interested?

TheSneakster

@PirateAndBum Is this correct? Those 2 databases cannot be merged into 1 database?
Forum database records for Users, Forums, Posts, Comments and likes in both forum databases each have record ID numbers which are required to be unique. All of these record ID numbers for the tables in the old forum database almost certainly conflict with record ID numbers in the new forum database.

For the database User table, there is no way to reliably identify which old User records correspond to which new ones. Every post and comment record has a posting User Id in it. The Forums table has similar problems (which old forum corresponds to which new one).

A custom program could maybe be written to insert unique new records for all the old user IDs, then insert the text of posts and comments from the old database as new posts and comments with Forum IDs, User IDs, Post IDs and Comment IDs all updated. The actual post texts would have to be edited to update the proper ID numbers in Quotations from other posts/comments.

This process is extremely non-trivial, would take several ages by hand, a shorter age to attempt programmatically, and it would risk corruption of the current forums database (old forum database only needs to be read, not modified).

Now add to that extreme server security issues for both forums, if this is to be done remotely by some trusted database programmer who is not P&B or Emma.

Last edited:

Warrior

NO, some falsehoods here.
Scott Campbell brought Ginger Sugerman into my home to do some youTUBE
shows which she willingly and happily did
When she flipped she alleged to YOUTUBE that I was "INVADING her privacy" I
was alerted by YOUTUBE and took down the videos.
THEN
Even after I sent her a generous donation on Arnie's death
Ginger writes a tissue of lies to the legal department of Vimeo, because her video
was up there.
I did another takedown.
Ginger temporarily had a website saying some nasty things about me.
The website is long gone but she clearly betrayed my friendship and I would trust
her no more than a rattlesnake.
Okay, I stand corrected. For what it's worth, I've had no issues with her.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
You falsely accused Emma of making money off of ESMB.

Back in 2012, the C of S OSA lied to the Australian feds claiming ESMB was being used by enemy critics to plan terrorist attacks on their buildings (they claimed their had been bomb threats, doubtless false flagged). As a result, Emma was arrested at gunpoint (in front of her children!!!) every computer and laptop in her house was seized and searched, and ESMB was offline for about a week during which the entire message database (including all private messages exchanged between users), user registration database, and HTTP server logs (with IP addresses) were copied and searched. No charges were ever filed.

As far as I am concerned, she is a damned hero for continuing to run ESMB after that. Yeah, I'm rightfully pissed off at your slander.

Addendum: It is entirely prudent to assume that OSA did not go to all that trouble for any other reason than to obtain extra forensic copies of all those hard drives and the ESMB forum database. It is prudent to assume that by now, OSA knows the real world identities of pretty much any pseudonymous user who was active on ESMB at that time.
I doubt anyone outside the police and some lawyers would have had any access to the data, especially with no charges or prosecution involved.

We do have some privacy laws here.

If it had gone to court, then some information would become public.

I think the whole thing was purely for harassment and intimidation and to wreak havoc on the forum.

It worked for a few minutes.

Ed8

Forum database records for Users, Forums, Posts, Comments and likes in both forum databases each have record ID numbers which are required to be unique. All of these record ID numbers for the tables in the old database forum database almost certainly conflict with record ID numbers in the new database.

For the database User table, there is no way to reliably identify which old User records correspond to which new ones. Every post and comment record has a posting User Id in it. The Forums table has similar problems (which old forum corresponds to which new one.

A custom program could maybe be written to insert unique new records for all the old user IDs, then insert the text of posts and comments from the old database as new posts and comments with Forum IDs, User IDs, Post IDs and Comment IDs all updated. The actual post texts would have to be edited to update the proper ID numbers in Quotations from other posts/comments.

This process is extremely non-trivial, would take several ages by hand, a shorter age to attempt programmatically, and it would risk corruption of the current forums database (old forum database only needs to be read, not modified).

Now add to that extreme server security issues for both forums, if this is to be done remotely by some trusted database programmer who is not P&B or Emma.
What if each thread was turned into a pdf? Could that be done to preserve the old forum?