Archives ESMB Forums are unavailable - hope they come back soon

Tanchi

Well, it appears to me from examination of the page headers that @Emma was/is in the middle upgrading the XenForo version. The Forum database should have migrated to the new version with a tool XenForo provides.

I don't see what Alanzo might have to do with that. I don't think he had the technical knowledge required to remotely trash the database.

Yes, on this I totally agree with you for once.
Didn't he build websites?

TheSneakster

Didn't he build websites?
He has a blog he built using WordPress and maybe he knows how to make WordPress sites.

That is not even remotely the skillset required to remotely access and trash the SQL database behind a XenForo(tm) forum site, though.

Dan

I have a hunch that Alanzo has something to do with this. (I hope I'm wrong.)

The content of old ESMB is invaluable and must be retrieved.
That's interesting that you mentioned a potential Alanzo factor, because it seemed to me at the time when Emma ended ESMB and this ESMB Part Deux came about, that she and Alanzo seemed to have aligned at some level. (I remember being quite shocked over this). How much, or to what extent I don't know. I even called her out at the time with a rather off color joke as I tend to do of course, but I was also being serious about the potential new alliance. (Someone else here was suspicious too, but we discussed this off of the forum so I won't say who). At that time Emma vehemently denied any such alignment or alliance, both on the open forum and via PM.

But, who knows? :confused:

Last edited:

Dan

He has a blog he built using WordPress and maybe he knows how to make WordPress sites.

That is not even remotely the skillset required to remotely access and trash the SQL database behind a XenForo(tm) forum site, though.
Lol! For the first time in probably 2 years or so I went to Alanzo's site after reading your post. I see he is still doing OSA's job. Now he's black PRing Aaron Levin-Smith as well as his usual smears of Ortega, Rinder and Remini of course. And he's still using Rathbun's "anti-scientology" lingo, or meme. As in ASC.

Ol' Alanzo. He'll always be..........Alanzo. But, I bet only about five people per month looks at his site. I was probably the 6th one just now for March.

TheSneakster

That's interesting that you mentioned a potential Alanzo factor, because it seemed to me at the time when Emma ended ESMB and this ESMB Part Deux came about, that she and Alanzo seemed to have aligned at some level. (I remember being quite shocked over this). H

@Emma very clearly stated that she allowed Alanzo back on the board to spite certain (not explicitly named) parties that were using financial manipulation to get her to break her own rules for the board. Alanzo had been banned because of it, so she unbanned him.

TheSneakster

And he's still using Rathbun's "anti-scientology" lingo, or meme. As in ASC.

The Anti-Cult Movement (ACM - which I have called The Anti-Cult Cult for many years) is something I informed Mark "Marty" Rathbun about in private communication fairly early after he jumped in to the great Scientology Internet propaganda war around 2009 (IIRC). He decided that the anti-Scientology subset of the ACM is a cult and named it the Anti-Scientology Cult (ASC). So I am partially to blame for the term.

HelluvaHoax!

@Emma very clearly stated that she allowed Alanzo back on the board to spite certain (not explicitly named) parties that were using financial manipulation to get her to break her own rules for the board. Alanzo had been banned because of it, so she unbanned him.

You are partially correct.

Emma did in fact use the pathologically lying toxic troll Alanzo to spite and degrade and troll people she disliked or hated.

However, there was nobody "using financial manipulation to get her to break her own rules". SHE was the one breaking her own rules by going after certain board contributors and recruiting a trolling goon to spew hateful ad hominems at her perceived "enemies". I know because I was one of the people accused of "using financial manipulation" against her. LOL

What actually happened was that I normally gave money each year (like most people) to help support Emma and the board and keep it going. I never talked to anyone about it and I did it anonymously like many others. Then one year I was asked by someone (not Emma) who was helping Emma to raise money if I would be willing to contribute a bigger chunk that year. I said, "sure why not". I never questioned why but I assumed that ESMB was short of funds and so they needed "more". So i gave "more".

Later I heard that my donation to help Emma and the board was supposedly a plot that I was using to control the board. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. The last thing in the world I need in my life is to control a discussion board. I already have an overwhelming amount of work and responsibility for my own companies and dread the idea of any more obligations. The idea that me giving money (after being solicited to give) to help Emma and the board was a plot to harm her is quite bizarre and shockingly stupid. I never confronted or asked or wrote to Emma about such creepy and false accusations. I respected what she had done to create the website so i just ignored it and happily continued posting.

And then (later) Emma recruited her attack troll (in full violation of board rules and guidelines). And she broke other board rules while the troll was aboard as well, even censoring and editing some of my posts! Because she forbid me to utter forbidden words (like the word "troll" to describe a....troll). LOL. But she let the troll and others she favored say troll and far worse invective--and did nothing to moderate the shit show that she forced the board to become in its last days. A disgraceful ending to what had been a wonderful discussion board, that's what that was.

Then she closed the board down.

What she is doing now I have no idea, but she apparently does not want the wonderful content of that old board to be available. Maybe she'll surprise everyone and fix the old board and make it available. That would be cool! To be honest, it looks like Emma might have caught the same virus as "BIG TECH" companies that start out beautifully promoting free speech and end up being bitter censors and scolds. If the old board never surfaces again, isn't that a blatant form of censorship?

I wasn't going to post anything about this, but then I figured people have a right to know the truth so i just said "fuckit!" and pushed the SEND button. LOL.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I first began lurking on the message board in 2007, I think, and there's only been two times I've thought of leaving for good and ditching it all. Both were when a certain "troll" was running roughshod over everyone and making the place a mess. He was an excellent real-life example of how a legitimately psychotic, destructive and hateful person can permeate and ruin a group. I would get a bit down and sick to my stomach after my visits during those weeks. Who needs this? And I'm not the type of person who normally gets down. But neither am I the type of person who suffers fools or psychos for too long. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nosy_Creature

The Anti-Cult Movement (ACM - which I have called The Anti-Cult Cult for many years) is something I informed Mark "Marty" Rathbun about in private communication fairly early after he jumped in to the great Scientology Internet propaganda war around 2009 (IIRC). He decided that the anti-Scientology subset of the ACM is a cult and named it the Anti-Scientology Cult (ASC). So I am partially to blame for the term.
Are you still in contact with any of the Rathbuns? Isn't or wasn't Monique very sick? Her bakery is still closed.

TheSneakster

Are you still in contact with any of the Rathbuns? Isn't or wasn't Monique very sick? Her bakery is still closed.

You can get private information out of me when I know your right name and group affiliation (also private information). Feel free to email or Private Message me for my telephone # and we can talk.

Last edited:

Lee #28

Rather alarming OP title!

Yes, I know its been offline for awhile...?

Anyway.....with Data Storage so cheap these days.....the entire database could probably fit on one drive for less than a couple hundies.....

So, I assume all the posts are stored safely somewhere....whether accessible right now or not...

TheSneakster

So, I assume all the posts are stored safely somewhere....whether accessible right now or not...
XenForo(tm) is a PHP-based forums application that uses an SQL database for User, Post and Comment storage. I do not know whether @Emma had Database Backup as part of her paid hosting plan or not.

The immediate problem appears to be that updating the XenForo(tm) software version made it incompatible with the old database. We don't know whether the forum database was damaged during the update, whether she hired a consultant to do the update and they botched it (or deliberately sabotaged it because of secretly working for C of $ ?) or what exactly happened.

Last edited:

Isaac

A lot of posters have Emma's contact info.

How about someone reaching out to her?
(I would if I had it.)
She told others she was archiving it
Maybe it’s too much
You can send a message from here
Ask if she would allow us to have the board and we can take care of what is needed to properly archive it so we have access

Chuck J.

Forget about it. Seriously. Stop the resuscitation efforts on ESMB and let it die with dignity. Just make this website the the Premier place for info on the cult. All the good threads from there can be re-posted here. I have most of them, I'm sure others do as well. And lots of info can be easily linked to for DL by new lurkers, etc.

It's a new day.

And just because....