Anyone know of my ol' buddy Matt Sells? From ASHO in the 80's.

HelloTCorg

Looking for old friends who came from the org in Minneapolis. Matt was very well known at ASHO in the early 80's cos he was such a generous person with his time and just general helpfulness.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Looking for old friends who came from the org in Minneapolis. Matt was very well known at ASHO in the early 80's cos he was such a generous person with his time and just general helpfulness.
Was he at some point up in Alaska? Or am I confusing him with Matt Daniels?

If that's him, then he was still inside the church in the latter part of the 2000s when I left myself.

Last edited:

HelloTCorg

Hi Karakorum. Thank you for your reply. I don't know about Alaska, and don't know a Matt Daniels. I'll bet it would be interesting to talk to you. You may know people that I knew as you were still in Scn in later 2000's. Were you on lines at the AO? My NOTs auditor was Bob Harvey, and I was a friend of Steve Miller who was Tech Cramming offcr at AO. Just curious what becomes of people that into it at those high levels and were Sea Org.? Weird, still working on the billion year contract? When I was an HGC auditor at TC org I audited Paul Crabtree through Life Repair, Dianetics, and all his grades. Learned later he became the Senior CS at Flag. Where are you now Paul? Best wishes to all.

Karakorum

Hi Karakorum. Thank you for your reply. I don't know about Alaska, and don't know a Matt Daniels. I'll bet it would be interesting to talk to you. You may know people that I knew as you were still in Scn in later 2000's. Were you on lines at the AO? My NOTs auditor was Bob Harvey, and I was a friend of Steve Miller who was Tech Cramming offcr at AO. Just curious what becomes of people that into it at those high levels and were Sea Org.? Weird, still working on the billion year contract? When I was an HGC auditor at TC org I audited Paul Crabtree through Life Repair, Dianetics, and all his grades. Learned later he became the Senior CS at Flag. Where are you now Paul? Best wishes to all.
Hi.

I spent several years in the SO in LA at different times on different posts. These included being an MAA, doing archive stuff and later on in middle management and continental inv. That was the 2000s.

The problem with me is that my memory was never great and due to the nature of inv, I "got to know" a huge amount of people only through being familiar with their files and documents.

There were several Matthews that went through ASHO before my time and then were sent to other places. One of them was in Anchorage, he was still there in the late 2000s when I defected. I've been very thoroughly disconnected from everyone since, so my info will be at least 10 years old.

HelloTCorg

Thank you for your reply Karakorum. I understand. I think I am probably a bit too old, and my Scn old friends too long ago (70's and 80's), to expect to find them on this message board! Very extremely unlikely that any of them would be out of Scn now and cruising this website. Worth a try though I thought. Oh well. We did have some memorable and wild parties back in those days after org hours though I can tell you! Best wishes to all ex Scn- ists, whatever decade.

Karakorum

Thank you for your reply Karakorum. I understand. I think I am probably a bit too old, and my Scn old friends too long ago (70's and 80's), to expect to find them on this message board! Very extremely unlikely that any of them would be out of Scn now and cruising this website. Worth a try though I thought. Oh well. We did have some memorable and wild parties back in those days after org hours though I can tell you! Best wishes to all ex Scn- ists, whatever decade.
You had time in ASHO after hours? :blink:

Yeah, now I know you come from a different age. ;)

HelloTCorg

Sorry, I wasn't talking about after hours time at ASHO. I was referring to some great parties in Minneapolis, people of TC org.:)

BTW

Hi.

I spent several years in the SO in LA at different times on different posts. These included being an MAA, doing archive stuff and later on in middle management and continental inv. That was the 2000s.

The problem with me is that my memory was never great and due to the nature of inv, I "got to know" a huge amount of people only through being familiar with their files and documents.

There were several Matthews that went through ASHO before my time and then were sent to other places. One of them was in Anchorage, he was still there in the late 2000s when I defected. I've been very thoroughly disconnected from everyone since, so my info will be at least 10 years old.
Wait a moment!
Sooo, you must know Matthew W. Morrison then?

Karakorum

Wait a moment!
Sooo, you must know Matthew W. Morrison then?
I will neither confirm, nor deny the allegation. Instead, in a brilliant "what would Ron do?" moment, I will look you boldy in the eye and proclaim: "I never had a second wife."

:D

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
You might be surprised. We have a few older hands on board here from just about everywhere, so you never know.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search.

HelloTCorg

I am in touch with Matt’s ex wife who OSS still in touch with Matt
Hello DanLocke, nice to hear! Are you speaking of Matt Sells who was from Minneapolis and TC org? (there have been a couple other Matts brought up on this thread). If so, would it be cool to let Matt's ex know that Roger Kniefel also from TC org would like to contact him? Maybe she could tell me a way to get in touch with Matt? Or I could give her an email or phone number so he could contact me if he chose to.

Isaac

Sorry, I wasn't talking about after hours time at ASHO. I was referring to some great parties in Minneapolis, people of TC org.:)
I took a course there when I temporarily relocated there for 3 months with my job.
it was in Minneapolis and it was a dump with very few people coming in and very little staff
I met a guy named Lance. A nice fellow who the staff were black PR ing at that time - spreading a rumor campaign to degrade him... told me he was an alcoholic .. for not signing a billion year contract or donating enough money to the cult.

Is Helen Burka still the ED? What about Fran and Bill?

HelloTCorg

Wow! It is incredible to receive this message from you Isaac! I am laughing so happily right now! It's amazing! You were at TC org taking that course at the precise time that I was there working on staff! The Lance that you mentioned is the only friend I still have from those days! (We are talkin 1975-77). We are very good friends all these years, although I haven't seen him face to face in many years, he's in Florida and me in California. We both left staff there in 1977, and also a girl named Carol. Not as a group, all unrelated reasons. SO FUNNY to see you call the place a dump! : ) It was an odd place to have a Scn church. On the top floor of an office building in downtown Minneapolis (7th floor I think) you will remember taking the elevator up to your class! So there was no body traffic at all, no chance to have an upfront book store or anything. So we would send out "body routers" with a clipboard down to the city streets to try to get people to come up to take the "Self-Analysis" test for free! Usually the body router would be a particularly attractive young girl. My girlfriend at the time, Rose, filled that position quite often in those days (Rose are you out there reading this?) Call me! : )
OMG I wish you have any link to anyone there that I knew.
Incredible that you asked about Helen Berka. ! I knew her as Helen Brewer, and her ex, John Brewer was the best man at my wedding out here in California. So that means that she actually married this other TC org staff guy Tony Berka. I did not know that AND did not know that she had arisen to the heights of being ED! Haha wonderful. Tell me more.

HelloTCorg

Hey HelloTCorg, the big list in the link below may help you find people who are out and who also knew him
Hi thanks. I checked out the list, skimmed it. Saw one guy there that I knew at TC. I don't know, does this mean they are active on this website,? Is there a way to contact them through this site? I guess I missed it, this list is comprised of which people? people who have spoken out against the church?

DanLocke

Hello DanLocke, nice to hear! Are you speaking of Matt Sells who was from Minneapolis and TC org? (there have been a couple other Matts brought up on this thread). If so, would it be cool to let Matt's ex know that Roger Kniefel also from TC org would like to contact him? Maybe she could tell me a way to get in touch with Matt? Or I could give her an email or phone number so he could contact me if he chose to.
I don’t remember where he was from light skinned blue eyes, light beard, like to wear Nehru collar shirts and beads, soft-spoken and witty. Same guy? I will relay all of this to his eX and do my best to get him in touch with you.

HelloTCorg

Hello again DanLocke. I am very happy to hear from you! Yes ! Soft spoken and witty is a perfect description of Matt, YES short beard, Nehru collar shirts and beads (in the 70's). He was very much into meditation prior to getting into Scn. I believe this is that guy, an old friend from those long-gone days. Would be amazing to communicate with him. This was in the period of 1975-1985. He would know me both as Roger Kniefel and later as Roger Allan (I changed my name). Thank you DanLocke

HelloTCorg

And this assuming that Matt would even welcome being in touch with me again. Which I don't know. We weren't the kind of friends that hung out together much. Back at TC org I audited him for a bit. He moved to LA. When I moved to LA years later I saw him at ASHO. In his great generosity of his time and energy he did a complete FES of all my folders as required by a CS at AOLA for me to continue on OT Levels. This saved me thousands probably. We lost touch cos I quit Scn while on OT V. So who knows what life he's had in these past 36 years since then. Maybe he don't want to think about Scn or that period of his life or anyone from then. I'm the kind of person who likes to find old friends. Maybe he wont be interested. Thanks though DanLocke.