Alternatives to "anti" Scientology

Veda

One dissident when asked would say he "graduated from Scientology."

Exterior from Scientology with Perception of Scientology

Beyond Scientology

Exposing Scientology

Describer of the twinkling-"truth"-ornamented and deceptively layered Scientology operation

Well, you get the idea.

Scientology Inc. wants people to refer to themselves as "anti-Scientology," and wants them to refer to Scientology as a religious institution. Doing so sets them up for being called "anti-religious bigots."

Why play that game?

Last edited:

freethinker

Controversial

Beyond Scientology

Exposing Scientology

Describer of the twinkling-"truth"-ornamented and deceptively layered Scientology operation

Well, you get the idea.

Scientology Inc. wants people to refer to themselves as "anti-Scientology," and wants them to refer to Scientology as a religious institution. Doing so sets them up for being called "anti-religious bigots."

Why play that game?
Why consent to them being called a religion?

If I say I'm ant-Scientology I'm playing their game? I don't think so. I'd be playing their game if I restricted myself from using the term.

Bill

Beyond Scientology

Exposing Scientology

Well, you get the idea.

Why play that game?
Interesting...

While I guess that's a point, I really can't bring myself to care, or even notice, what the CoS spokes-hole thinks, says or does.

But I'm not anti-Scientology anyway. I am definitely anti-CoS as a corrupt, criminal, abusive organization.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I'm not anti-Scientology, per se, but I am anti abuse by the cult that sprang up around the subject.

Let people believe whatever they want. Just because they don't want or like Scientology doesn't automatically mean a person is "anti" anything.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Are you really "graduated from scientology " if you are ostensibly trying to get others to agree to criticize and find fault with everyone, or almost everyone that is a critic of scientology?

Cat's Squirrel

As I said on the old board, few people would give a Smyrna fig what they believed or what their religious practices were if they didn't routinely abuse people and rip them off. Their religious beliefs and practices really aren't the issue here and never were.

It's not a hard message to get across to someone who doesn't have a strong vested interest in not seeing it.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
I like to consider myself a dissenter, a defector and a critic. I'm not as much anti-scientology (as anti their beliefs), but I am anti-abuse.

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA

If I say I'm ant-Scientology I'm playing their game? I don't think so. I'd be playing their game if I restricted myself from using the term.
I don't buy for a minute that there is anything wrong with being "anti" something that destroys lives, families and puts them out on skid row.
I am anti scientology and am proud to say that.
However anyone else choses their stand is entirely up to them.
But I'd rather congregate with other anti scientology folks then the ones who say "oh well, nothing's perfect in this world, just focus on the good...zzzzztttt??
What?
Focus on the good?
Naw, someone's pulling my leg!
How does a person separate them from the hideous things they do?
The evil in their hearts?
Why would one even try to cut them a break when they've been given every opportunity to reform but they've refused?

Riddick

I clap to no man

Beyond Scientology

Exposing Scientology

Well, you get the idea.

Why play that game?
if somebody where to ask me, I'd say I am a ex member and I am anti-scientology, but I am not anti religious. Hubbard, DM, his lawyers and PR machine, sea org and whoever can suck it, assholes, the whole lot of them.

Veda

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly.

I'm not suggesting anyone consent to calling Scientology a religion. Quite the contrary.

Scientology is a business and discredited system of psychology. There are few things more irreligious than Scientology.

Scientology's trick is to invite others to call themselves anti-Scientologists, while also encoraging those same people to call Scientology a religion - which it is not.

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA

Yeah, we all know that they will stretch our being anti Scientology to being religious bigots but who cares, because no one buys their flimsy cover anyway.
Just respond "there's no way that's true because you and I both know you're not a religion anyway", "if you were then I'd show some respect".
That's like if a Scientologist runs over and kills your kid and says "he pulled it in, he must have had overts" then begins performing a touch assist on his dead body and you become justifiably enraged and they play the "religious bigot card"?
P L E A S E ! ! !
They are what they are because they do what they do because they believe what they believe and they may be judged accordingly and held accountable.
Despite their choreographed protestations and false accusations of bigotry.
No bigotry just stone cold facts.

Last edited:

Zertel

CultBusters? We ain't afraid of no Cults

It wasn't long after I was out that I looked back at the "We know everything about everything. We're right and everybody else is wrong." presentation from scientology and realized I had been in a cult. Shortly after I split I hooked up with a gal who had been in a small cult called "The Center for Feeling Therapy" in LA which was an offshoot of Primal (scream) Therapy. We compared notes on our cult experiences - lol

She hung on to some of her "truths" from " The Center" and I held onto some of my truths from scientology but we both agreed we had been in cults and weren't going back!

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
I like to consider myself a dissenter, a defector and a critic. I'm not as much anti-scientology (as anti their beliefs), but I am anti-abuse.
so why are you a dissenter, defector and a critic?

Riddick

I clap to no man
I'm not anti-Scientology, per se, but I am anti abuse by the cult that sprang up around the subject.

Let people believe whatever they want. Just because they don't want or like Scientology doesn't automatically mean a person is "anti" anything.
you really think to let people believe what they want regarding scientology is ok? I mean the whole purpose of scientology is to go clear and then OT.

Give me a break, nobodies gone clear or OT.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Oh and something I've never told about on this board is that they track where I go on vacation - fact.
One of my still sort of in friends from way back, who's also one of my friends that was hauled in and interrogated about what I'd said to them about the cult, told me they knew about my vacationing in the Caribbean.
Hell, he didn't even know where I vacationed as I hadn't spoke with him in some time.
He stays in on the fringe because he got his sister in and she's lived her whole life from that point as a full tilt cultee.
But anyway a guy who my Colombian ex wife was told by the staff that got shot looked a lot like me they said.
I don't know how he made out.
But he got shot by assailants in Sosua, Dominican Republic right at the beach in front of our unit the night of our excursion to some waterfalls.
Earlier that day we went on the excursion and we took a short cut path back to the vehicle early and overheard some guys speak my name not knowing that we were right on the other side of the bushes on a path that split off and heard one say "dey got Harden Long up on the waterfall ledge mon, slippery mon, slippery" and start laughing. We got the hell back to the truck where there were plenty of other tourists. Outrageous!!!
But the bad guys can and will obtain your flight information by some sinister means.
Think I might be anti cult since then?
There's more to it but that's the basics involved.
I'm cautious about where I go now.
I wouldn't worry about flight information these days since nobody is flying, so you are safe.

LOL