Alternatives to "anti" Scientology

Harden Long

Go Red Sox
I wouldn't worry about flight information these days since nobody is flying, so you are safe.

LOL
Yeah well I more or less stopped traveling to out of the way places in the Caribbean after that anyway but good point. Since my divorce I don't have a Spanish speaking interpreter handy for any and all occasions like I had while married.

Karakorum

The most ethical being in the gullibxy
so why are you a dissenter, defector and a critic?
Where to begin?

- Admin tech that doesn't work, but everyone who tries to make it work or adjust it to reality gets punished
- Insane work hours and work loads
- Sleep deprivation
- When you point out that sleep deprived people will be less effective in their output-per-hour performance, you get punished
- Abortions, zero child policy
- Disconnections and emotional blackmail.
- Even people who are in and in good standing get separated from their kids and spouses, sent to faraway posts etc.
- Study tech that teaches kids not to think critically and just establishes cult dogma
- KRs (Hey, I was the one working on KRs for a long time, I know how it works).
- Cult of personality
- Abusive management structure and culture that does not care about members, just about income.
- Very poor living conditions, working conditions, low pay
- Disregard for workplace safety ("Trained or not, hatted or not")
- A COB who is above the law, not held accountable for anything, does not get sec-checked.
- Coverups of internal "flaps", including some abusive or criminal activities by OSA. Go ask Mike.
- Invigilation of member's private lives, tapes and transcripts of confessionals - been there, done that myself.
- Sharing these confessionals inside the organization between various people and departments - been there, done that myself.
- Fair game tactis, dead agenting, hate websites, poisoning the pets of lawyers and critics, harassment of dissenter's kids and businesses

Just the things off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Harden Long

Go Red Sox
Where to begin?

- Admin tech that doesn't work, but everyone who tries to make it work or adjust it to reality gets punished
- Insane work hours and work loads
- Sleep deprivation
- When you point out that sleep deprived people will be less effective in their output-per-hour performance, you get punished
- Abortions, zero child policy
- Disconnections and emotional blackmail.
- Even people who are in and in good standing get separated from their kids and spouses, sent to faraway posts etc.
- Study tech that teaches kids not to think critically and just establishes cult dogma
- KRs (Hey, I was the one working on KRs for a long time, I know how it works).
- Cult of personality
- Abusive management structure and culture that does not care about members, just about income.
- Very poor living conditions, working conditions, low pay
- Disregard for workplace safety ("Trained or not, hatted or not")
- A COB who is above the law, not held accountable for anything, does not get sec-checked.
- Coverups of internal "flaps", including some abusive or criminal activities by OSA. Go ask Mike.
- Invigilation of member's private lives, tapes and transcripts of confessionals - been there, done that myself.
- Sharing these confessionals inside the organization between various people and departments - been there, done that myself.
- Fair game tactis, dead agenting, hate websites, poisoning the pets of lawyers and critics, harassment of dissenter's kids and businesses

Just the things off the top of my head.
Gee what more could one ever want in a workplace?
And to think I was on my way to join up after graduation from HS back in 73 but stopped off to see clam friends and when I crashed there for a couple of nights a body routed bum that one of the staff let crash there, as it was a Scientology flophouse, and he stole the last $267 that I had stashed in a sock in my drawer. Had to get a job right away to recoup my money but met a girl at work and moved in together and one thing led to another to where I never made it out to LA to start my new life as a Sea Org member. Oh darn!!!!
You had a good time from the sounds of it! :woohoo:

Harden Long

Go Red Sox
Yeah well I more or less stopped traveling to out of the way places in the Caribbean after that anyway but good point. Since my divorce I don't have a Spanish speaking interpreter handy for any and all occasions like I had while married.
Up all night, couldn't sleep a wink after remembering the incident above. Gotta quit dredging that stuff up, there's nothing therapeutic about it. Reliving incidents to blow charge sometimes backfires, is there an earlier similar where I was totally fucked over by a cult?.

Karakorum

Gee what more could one ever want in a workplace?
And to think I was on my way to join up after graduation from HS back in 73 but stopped off to see clam friends and when I crashed there for a couple of nights a body routed bum that one of the staff let crash there, as it was a Scientology flophouse, and he stole the last $267 that I had stashed in a sock in my drawer. Had to get a job right away to recoup my money but met a girl at work and moved in together and one thing led to another to where I never made it out to LA to start my new life as a Sea Org member. Oh darn!!!!
You had a good time from the sounds of it! :woohoo:
You dodged a bullet there. :thumbsup:

For the record: I'm not saying all high-discipline organizations (Marines, Spetsnaz, Orthodox christian monks) are always abusive. But they can very easily become abusive unless the whole organization works very hard to keep things tidy, free of corruption and unsanctioned punishment violence.

The SO does none of that, so abuse is rampant and is even supported as long as it keeps stats up.

Harden Long

Go Red Sox
You dodged a bullet there. :thumbsup:

For the record: I'm not saying all high-discipline organizations (Marines, Spetsnaz, Orthodox christian monks) are always abusive. But they can very easily become abusive unless the whole organization works very hard to keep things tidy, free of corruption and unsanctioned punishment violence.

The SO does none of that, so abuse is rampant and is even supported as long as it keeps stats up.
What a living nightmare that must have been. The flaming ego's that would have free reign to ride roughshod over you with zero recourse available! How long are you out now?

Karakorum

What a living nightmare that must have been. The flaming ego's that would have free reign to ride roughshod over you with zero recourse available! How long are you out now?
I've been out for a bit over a decade now.

As for flaming egos that is true. I need to add though that I myself have (and had back then) both a big mouth and a big ego.
So while it got me in trouble quite a few times, it also allowed me to push back against some of the nonsense and unreasonable demands. I also had the added benefit of the higher-ups being aware that some things fall apart instantly when I'm not around. Thus nobody really wanted to see me go do MEST work or sent to the RPF or anything. Everyone had a vested interest to keep me on the lines, so I had some immunity.

So the "no recourse" part is not entirely accurate.

Harden Long

Go Red Sox
I've been out for a bit over a decade now.

As for flaming egos that is true. I need to add though that I myself have (and had back then) both a big mouth and a big ego.
So while it got me in trouble quite a few times, it also allowed me to push back against some of the nonsense and unreasonable demands. I also had the added benefit of the higher-ups being aware that some things fall apart instantly when I'm not around. Thus nobody really wanted to see me go do MEST work or sent to the RPF or anything. Everyone had a vested interest to keep me on the lines, so I had some immunity.

So the "no recourse" part is not entirely accurate.
So you can be a tough person when the situation requires it, good for you. That and a thick skin, but how else could one survive in such circumstances?

Karakorum

So you can be a tough person when the situation requires it, good for you. That and a thick skin, but how else could one survive in such circumstances?
Oh many ways.
  • Stay low, keep your head down and go "duck and cover" whenever there was a flap - easily the most popular survival mechanism in the SO.
  • Being good buddies with some bigwig. :kma:
  • Get a post that is just mindless MEST work where you really are 100% in control of your stats. I've had some people say grounds keeping was a degrading, low-status job. It was. But it also was easy, safe and it was almost impossible to get whacked because someone else slipped up.
  • Find a post where only you have some unique skill so you become irreplaceable. The guy who designed the mainframe "Denver the last dinosaur" software was irreplaceable and a kind of automatic kha-khan. Then he died and nobody had the knowledge necessary to do any changes or updates to that system. We all just knew which commands to put in to make certain stuff happened, but we no longer understood the commands ("VSMT" one one of the initial ones, heck knows what it means). So we ended up being tech priests doing cargo-cult IT operations :hysterical:
  • Get sent on a mission to some lousy dead org with one of your good buddies. He does not control you, you do not control him and you are free to loaf around for the duration. I've seen it happen.
There's probably more ways to survive, these are just the ones that popped into my head now.

La La Lou Lou

I am an ex Scientologist, sometimes I disagree with the continued existence of the cult, then I'm quite anti, however mostly I don't even think about the subject at all. I would be very happy if the orgs never reopen after lockdown.