Alternatives to "anti" Scientology

Veda

One dissident when asked would say he "graduated from Scientology."

Exterior from Scientology with Perception of Scientology

Beyond Scientology

Exposing Scientology

Describer of the twinkling-"truth"-ornamented and deceptively layered Scientology operation

Well, you get the idea.

Scientology Inc. wants people to refer to themselves as "anti-Scientology," and wants them to refer to Scientology as a religious institution. Doing so sets them up for being called "anti-religious bigots."

Why play that game?

Last edited:

freethinker

Controversial

Beyond Scientology

Exposing Scientology

Describer of the twinkling-"truth"-ornamented and deceptively layered Scientology operation

Well, you get the idea.

Scientology Inc. wants people to refer to themselves as "anti-Scientology," and wants them to refer to Scientology as a religious institution. Doing so sets them up for being called "anti-religious bigots."

Why play that game?
Why consent to them being called a religion?

If I say I'm ant-Scientology I'm playing their game? I don't think so. I'd be playing their game if I restricted myself from using the term.

Bill

Beyond Scientology

Exposing Scientology

Well, you get the idea.

Why play that game?
Interesting...

While I guess that's a point, I really can't bring myself to care, or even notice, what the CoS spokes-hole thinks, says or does.

But I'm not anti-Scientology anyway. I am definitely anti-CoS as a corrupt, criminal, abusive organization.

Dotey OT

Flat Ball Bearing
Labeling people that are out as ex- or anti- or anything that seems to have a "hate" bent works in your favor if you are trying to create a narrative. And if that narrative creates doubt about the opinions being expressed by the ex- or anti-, it works.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I'm not anti-Scientology, per se, but I am anti abuse by the cult that sprang up around the subject.

Let people believe whatever they want. Just because they don't want or like Scientology doesn't automatically mean a person is "anti" anything.

Dotey OT

Flat Ball Bearing
Are you really "graduated from scientology " if you are ostensibly trying to get others to agree to criticize and find fault with everyone, or almost everyone that is a critic of scientology?

Cat's Squirrel

As I said on the old board, few people would give a Smyrna fig what they believed or what their religious practices were if they didn't routinely abuse people and rip them off. Their religious beliefs and practices really aren't the issue here and never were.

It's not a hard message to get across to someone who doesn't have a strong vested interest in not seeing it.