Almost 3,000 ex COS members have spoken out!

TrevAnon

Big list researcher
The project continues, though its speed is slower than it used to be.

There are now almost 3,000 ex COS members speaking out against the church!

Find the list, and how to be on it (if you want) at:

Story of the big list Spotlight on "The Big List:" The Master List of Ex-COS Members Speaking Out – Reasoned.Life

Also /r/ sticky :p

Last edited:

Lee #28

I wonder what the average time in the Cult is...?

I had a friend that started the Comm Course....way back, in the 70's....and didn't finish it. Thought they were kooks.

I imagine many, if sold a DMSMH, never finish it....and never do any courses...

But of those that drink the cool aid...and stay and start to go up the Bridge....wonder how long the average person stays before leaving.

For me, it was 27 years. This is very sad.

But, out for 18 years now.....which is very good.

Last edited:

Jenyfurrr

I had a friend that started the Comm Course....way back, in the 70's....and didn't finish it. Thought they were kooks.

But of those that drink the cool aid...and stay and start to go up the Bridge....wonder how long the average person stays before leaving.

For me, it was 27 years. This is very sad.

But, out for 18 years now.....which is very good.
Glad you’re out, even if you look at some of those 27yrs with regret... you got out, which is so much more than others. AND you care enough to be around for those who may just be leaving or haven’t quite yet.

JackStraw

Story of the big list Spotlight on "The Big List:" The Master List of Ex-COS Members Speaking Out – Reasoned.Life

Happy to see I finally made the Big List!:woohoo:

Jack

Xenu Xenu Xenu

That sounds so familiar. I am so glad that was the way it was for our lousy Scientology centre as well. Gee, it's as if they sensed that there was something bad about it all.

I however, stayed a little longer in the cult. About 10 years longer. I mistakenly thought the reason Scientology sucked was that the staff weren't following policy and were "out tech". Even when I left I still believed that. I became an apologist for a while and then I finally saw what should have been obvious when I saw a TV program on the cult. Then, it all started to click.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow

I've tried to get my personal information corrected on that site multiple times, to no avail. It's like asking the cult to stop sending me promo. No response.

Axiom142

Great work, Trev!

Glad to see that I am still on the list. 3,000 sounds like a lot, but I wonder what the total number of leavers would be? Of the dozens of ex-members ( 'proper Scientologists' not just someone who only bought one book or did a Div 6 course before realising that the subject was seriously whackadoodle) that I know personally, only a handful have ever spoken publicly about their experiences or even made it known that they left. Most just quietly slip away.

And yet, The Cult still probably counts them as 'Scientologists'. :LOL:

Ax

TrevAnon

Big list researcher
... but I wonder what the total number of leavers would be?
Two years ago I did an educated guess to how many Scientologists there were - ever.

Approx. 200.000 - 300.000

If there are still 20.000 people in:

you can do the rest of the math. :D