Alice in Wonderland: The Power of Applied Confusion

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
This just arrived in my inbox today, thoughtful, so I thought I'd pass it along. It is reminiscent of what was woven into the TR's.
"The aim of the Alice in Wonderland or confusion technique is to confound the expectations and conditioned reactions of the interrogatee. He is accustomed to a world that makes sense, at least to him: a world of continuity and logic, a predictable world. He clings to this world to reinforce his identity and powers of resistance. The confusion technique is designed not only to obliterate the familiar, but to replace it with the weird…as the process continues, day after day as necessary, the subject begins to try to make sense of the situation, which becomes mentally intolerable… he is likely to make significant admissions, or even to pour out his story
."
Alice.png
Alice in Wonderland: The Power of Applied Confusion
L Ron Hubbard Uses the Confusion Technique

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
This is a little off topic but I still love those two "Alice" books and the original illustrations by John Tenniel.

No matter what, I still love just about anything that the Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson wrote including some of his puzzles. Hilarious.

I'm more an Arthur Rackham man myself, but that illustration above takes me right back to the acid days of 1967.

alice.jpg

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Alice In Wonderland. LaughterView attachment 3887
Funny and logical as well.

More humour and logic:

“Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
Alice: I don't much care where.
The Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
Alice: ...So long as I get somewhere.

The Cheshire Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.”

1590348514330.png

marra

I have a book called Alice In Sunderland by Bryan Talbot. It's a very entertaining book that details the connections Charles Dodgson had with the city of Sunderland in England, which is my home territory.

While reading the book I noticed that the author mentioned he had previousy worked with the writer Neil Gaiman and that the author himself, Bryan Talbot, lived in Sunderland. So I sent him an email asking if he knew that Neil Gaiman's sister Lizzy used to live in Sunderland. He replied with quite an interesting story. He said that when he told Neil Gaiman he was moving to Sunderland Neil told him his sister lived there. So one day Bryan was walking along a main street in Sunderland and he saw a woman handing out leaflets. He took one and saw that it was promoting Scientology. Since he knew the Gaiman family were involved with Scientology he asked the woman if she knew Neil Gaiman's sister and she said "Yes, that's me".

This story has a happy ending - Bryan Talbot did not become a Scientologist.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字