Aaron Smith-Levin: Life in the Scientology Matrix. Why Clears Are in Danger & Other Inside Secrets

Karen#1

EXCERPT from video:

This podcast is about the often arbitrary ways in which the Church of Scientology works in real life as opposed to its PR. For example, after spending $50,000, or more, to reach the State of Clear, the new Clear is given a secret letter from L. Ron Hubbard telling them that they are in danger and get onto the OT levels as fast as possible or else!
But how can this be if a Clear no longer has his or her Reactive Mind? A Clear is supposed to be at "Cause Over Life" and able to handle anything.
However, they are told they in some kind of danger and won't discover why until they do OT III.
Jeffrey Augustine asks Aaron why it can take up to 20 years to move from Clear to OT in Scientology. This is a great question. Aaron explains why this happens to former Sea Org members who are treated like pariahs and lepers.
Aaron discusses how David Miscavige used the Golden Age of Tech I and II in an ideological manner to purge older Scientologists who were loyal to Hubbard and not Miscavige.
Aaron also offers fascinating insights into young 2nd generation Scientologists who attested that they were past life clears as early as 12 years of age. Aaron's insights into this and the consequences it caused inside of Scientology are extremely fascinating.

Karen#1

There is a point many public showed curiosity on.
When a public completed a humble Grade 0 or Grade 1, there was no DANGER

BUT having achieved Clear, levels HIGHER one was in DANGER hence the "non-interference zone"

DANGER so better pay up and do more services til OT 3..... Aaron discusses it in video above

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
And yet they string someone along indefinitely on crude sec checks when they are supposedly in a non interference zone.
That can't have a positive effect on anyone's case.
Perhaps they don't really believe in the non interference zone BS and it's just a sleazy marketing ploy to get people to take out finance destroying loans to get through OT3?

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
And yet they string someone along indefinitely on crude sec checks when they are supposedly in a non interference zone.
That can't have a positive effect on anyone's case.
Perhaps they don't really believe in the non interference zone BS and it's just a sleazy marketing ploy to get people to take out finance destroying loans to get through OT3?
And what if the 'non interference zone' is just another of Hubbard's gimmicks with no basis in reality? And what if people don't have a 'case'? Do you really believe in these things HL?

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
And what if the 'non interference zone' is just another of Hubbard's gimmicks with no basis in reality? And what if people don't have a 'case'? Do you really believe in these things HL?
I don't mean to disappoint you, but no not at all.
Didn't I just say " it's just a sleazy marketing ploy" Sheil?
"And what if people don't have a 'case'? as in "mental state"?"
They don't really have a mental state?
I was leading to that the clams must know it's a sham from the get go too.

stratty

I don't mean to disappoint you, but no not at all.
Didn't I just say " it's just a sleazy marketing ploy" Sheil?
"And what if people don't have a 'case'? as in "mental state"?"
They don't really have a mental state?
I was leading to that the clams must know it's a sham from the get go too.
I'm not disappointed in the least HL, I'm delighted to hear you don't buy that crap. Yes, everybody has a 'mental state', but 'case' was something specific in a scientology context, hence 'case-repair' etc..

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
Wasn't one of Ron's big problems the fact that he couldn't run whole track?
That's just funny as hell!
Could he really not run wholetrack after convincing people there even was such a thing? I never knew that about him.
I never encountered a "time track" at any point during my Scientology days.
But for Ron to not be able to run the very thing he based the auditing upon proves even more conclusively that he made up the entire OT3 fraud through willful malfeasance as a possible cover for his cocaine come down behavior. The addiction manuals would say there are like 3 or 4 stages of cocaine addiction with the last stage being only a brief, fleeting euphoria followed immediately by a horrendous, hellish comedown of profuse sweating, hallucinations. the feeling that one's head was going to blow off, sometimes followed by death.
What he claimed was the result of his OT3 research sounded more like last stage cocaine addiction.
Cocaine Withdrawal Stages - Coke Clear

Helena Handbasket

...For example, after spending $50,000, or more, to reach the State of Clear, the new Clear is given a secret letter from L. Ron Hubbard telling them that they are in danger and get onto the OT levels as fast as possible or else!
But how can this be if a Clear no longer has his or her Reactive Mind? A Clear is supposed to be at "Cause Over Life" and able to handle anything.
However, they are told they in some kind of danger and won't discover why until they do OT III....
The short answer is even though you're clear, and have no reactive mind, you are still the effect of the reactive minds of others. Your reactive mind acts as sort of a "buffer state" to keep those effects away, and once that's gone, those effects can come through at you with full force. That's the danger (although I believe the danger of not going on right away is overstated).

Although just being clear does not mean you are computationally perfect. The reactive mind is not the sole source of aberration -- a service facsimile is defined as that computation, coming from the preclear, not the bank.... Therefore, "just" becoming clear is not enough, ignoring any OT levels for the moment. There are other examples of non-bank aberration. Also, non-clears do suffer the effects of the reactive minds of others, although to a different degree as clears. There is much mention of these effects in meatball (=wog) literature, although without providing a reference, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Helena

Bill

The short answer is even though you're clear, and have no reactive mind, you are still the effect of the reactive minds of others. Your reactive mind acts as sort of a "buffer state" to keep those effects away, and once that's gone, those effects can come through at you with full force. That's the danger (although I believe the danger of not going on right away is overstated).

Although just being clear does not mean you are computationally perfect. The reactive mind is not the sole source of aberration -- a service facsimile is defined as that computation, coming from the preclear, not the bank.... Therefore, "just" becoming clear is not enough, ignoring any OT levels for the moment. There are other examples of non-bank aberration. Also, non-clears do suffer the effects of the reactive minds of others, although to a different degree as clears. There is much mention of these effects in meatball (=wog) literature, although without providing a reference, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Helena
Ugggh! The idea that someone still completely believes in Hubbard's "Clear" and "OT" delusion is just mind-bogglling. Sure, you are free to believe what you want, but ... but ... <sigh>

Do you think you are "Clear"? Do you think you are "OT"? If so, why do you think that? Do you have all the skills and powers that Hubbard promised?? Or do you just have excuses, as you explained, for not having those skills and powers?

stratty

Ugggh! The idea that someone still completely believes in Hubbard's "Clear" and "OT" delusion is just mind-bogglling. Sure, you are free to believe what you want, but ... but ... <sigh>

Do you think you are "Clear"? Do you think you are "OT"? If so, why do you think that? Do you have all the skills and powers that Hubbard promised?? Or do you just have excuses, as you explained, for not having those skills and powers?
I got half way through writing a practically identical post to yours about forty-five minutes ago and then I thought 'Oh, why am I bothering?' You would have thought that with all the information in circulation now that the spell would be broken, but no, some people have drunk so very deeply from the well ...

JackStraw

Could he really not run wholetrack after convincing people there even was such a thing? I never knew that about him.
I never encountered a "time track" at any point during my Scientology days.
But for Ron to not be able to run the very thing he based the auditing upon proves even more conclusively that he made up the entire OT3 fraud through willful malfeasance as a possible cover for his cocaine come down behavior. The addiction manuals would say there are like 3 or 4 stages of cocaine addiction with the last stage being only a brief, fleeting euphoria followed immediately by a horrendous, hellish comedown of profuse sweating, hallucinations. the feeling that one's head was going to blow off, sometimes followed by death.
What he claimed was the result of his OT3 research sounded more like last stage cocaine addiction.
Cocaine Withdrawal Stages - Coke Clear
I always thought that BTs sounded more like drug-induced DTs, myself.
But, what do I know. I only spent 31 years in scn, and never got to clear, to say nothing of ot levels.
Read & heard a lot about it though...LRH tapes, early dn & scn docs (Tech Vol. 1, 2 etc.)
I read about Ron's whole-track issues (IIRC) on the previous lifetime of ESMB.

Helena Handbasket

Hey, I'm not trying to convince anybody that the original definitions of Clear and OT are correct. In fact, I've never met anyone who has all the attributes of Clear and OT and can demonstrate them, reliably.

In fact, if you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said Clear = no reactive mind = still aberrated.

I do know that I have made gains through auditing and I'm looking to get even more Diametrics in the next week or so. (The standard line is that Cyentologee makes the able more able, but that never applied to me as when I started I was a total mess.)

Helena

Bill

Hey, I'm not trying to convince anybody that the original definitions of Clear and OT are correct. In fact, I've never met anyone who has all the attributes of Clear and OT and can demonstrate them, reliably.

In fact, if you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said Clear = no reactive mind = still aberrated.

I do know that I have made gains through auditing and I'm looking to get even more Diametrics in the next week or so. (The standard line is that Cyentologee makes the able more able, but that never applied to me as when I started I was a total mess.)

Helena
Your original post reminded me that, for every ability, gain, result "promised" by Scientology, there is an equal but opposite reason why you didn't get the "promised" result.

I'm glad you have had gains. Many do. None get the promised results but that is the way it is.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
None get the promised results but that is the way it is.
I guess I must have run out-ruds during OT reviews about the fact that I hadn't
gotten most of the hyperbolic gains that were highlighted -- and essentially
promised -- on the Philadelphia Lectures, and was spending a helluva lot of
money at Flag. I was inquiring about when and where those particular gains
start happening.

Got CSed for the Hidden Standard Rundown at mucho bucks. What a crock
of crap. Another tool to defuse PCs when the tech is not delivering what's
promised and what ordinary people who pay the big bucks expect.

I knew chapter and verse of what Hubbard claimed and what he promised
in the early days of OT research. Maybe the Flag CSes didn't.

Live and learn.

Riddick

I clap to no man
yep, that's what I eventually figured out, nobody has a "case". Hubbard created a case for everybody and it's called going up the bridge to total freedom.

Karakorum

Been there, done that
Here is the issue stating Clears are at risk.
View attachment 3862
Yeah, because Scientology works in reverse to Spock's law. "The needs of the few (Hubbard) always outweigh the needs of the many".

The law still applies to Dave, even if the boots are too big for him.

Chuck J.

His Name Was Rowan Sweeney

Whether I'm "clear" or not I drive out on the highway everday and I'm the effect of others aberration. :)

Dotey OT

Quite Disaffected
I guess I must have run out-ruds during OT reviews about the fact that I hadn't
gotten most of the hyperbolic gains that were highlighted -- and essentially
promised -- on the Philadelphia Lectures, and was spending a helluva lot of
money at Flag. I was inquiring about when and where those particular gains
start happening.

Got CSed for the Hidden Standard Rundown at mucho bucks. What a crock
of crap. Another tool to defuse PCs when the tech is not delivering what's
promised and what ordinary people who pay the big bucks expect.

I knew chapter and verse of what Hubbard claimed and what he promised
in the early days of OT research. Maybe the Flag CSes didn't.

Live and learn.
I think that I remember getting the "Hidden standard Rundown" as an L's setup. At the time, I thought "cool!" After the L's, I waited for those new super powers to start happening, bolts coming from my fingertips, etc. I noticed a few things at the time, not worth mentioning now, but at the time I qualified them as precursors to something bigger. The super powers never came, and I have since come to believe that we humans are capable of conning ourselves to a certain degree in this regard. I also am being very polite and social here, without stepping on toes of people that maybe thought they gained telepathy or an ability to guess coin flips or something. My powers were like being able to hear individual conversations in a sea of people, or guess future events to some degree of success.

It hardly takes anyone trying to take advantage of that human flaw for it to be a real downer, but there they are, regs and others lining up to push you onto the next service. The deal is that you are the same as you were, but now you have done the service, and there you sit. You poor sap, you haven't done your next service, what is wrong with you? You will never get any better unless you do your next service. And you are thinking "I'm clear, three L's, bunches and bunches of training", I have about fifty, count em, fifty PC folders. And you are telling me I ain't shit until I do that next service??? When does THAT come to and end.

It never comes to an end. It will always be "You have to do your next service" forever, and ever, and ever.

Last edited: