A day in Sydney

Scooter

Today my daughter and I went to Sydney for the Climate Strike protests. Hugely fun day being in the Sydney Domain with tens of thousands of people, most of them students. All very peaceful and inspiring. And very emotional for me - great to see that even if my generation are largely apathetic fuckwits who doubt the science of Climate Change, the generation that will have to cope with it aren’t like that.

And on the subject of apathetic fuckwits, we spent some time outside the “Ideal” Sydney org.. Dead as the proverbial dodo. Windows all shaded so you can’t see the morgue within. And a receptionist who never once had to look up from the obviously incredibly important admin she was doing.

Was quite a bit of emotional turbulence to put up with looking at the building that I wasted so much time in. And where my firstborn fell to her death. But it was cathartic to see that it’s dead.

Lights on, no-one home.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I can't even imagine how that must feel for you man, but I hear you.

:rose:

I am also grateful that the new generations coming to town. I can feel a breeze of activism that is making me feel very positive about the future. Thank god for that.

D

Deleted member 51

Today my daughter and I went to Sydney for the Climate Strike protests. Hugely fun day being in the Sydney Domain with tens of thousands of people, most of them students. All very peaceful and inspiring. And very emotional for me - great to see that even if my generation are largely apathetic fuckwits who doubt the science of Climate Change, the generation that will have to cope with it aren’t like that.

And on the subject of apathetic fuckwits, we spent some time outside the “Ideal” Sydney org.. Dead as the proverbial dodo. Windows all shaded so you can’t see the morgue within. And a receptionist who never once had to look up from the obviously incredibly important admin she was doing.

Was quite a bit of emotional turbulence to put up with looking at the building that I wasted so much time in. And where my firstborn fell to her death. But it was cathartic to see that it’s dead.

Lights on, no-one home.
Scooter, I never know quite what to say when you bring up what happened to your children. :heartflowers: Yours is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard or read, for a couple who are tremendous, loving parents. Nothing can justify what happened, and nothing, I'm sure, will ever make you forget.

What is so amazing is despite all that happened, you are still compassionate, rational, sane and level-headed. You could have turned out negative, hateful, apathetic or many other ways, but instead chose the higher road. Your family is wonderful, too. You have the nicest wife and kids. :biglove: They'll go far, I'm sure, and always be a source of pride and pleasure.

I hope your visit helped you get just a bit further beyond the tragic past you experienced at the hands of the cult.

The protest sounds like a lot of fun, too. What a great family activity. :)

Love to ya,

Sheila