A Current Affair ~~ Australia ~~ The cult blocking access to Public Land

Karen#1

The Church of Scientology is shrouded in secrecy and suspicion, and their latest move at their Australian headquarters has residents fuming. Locals are being blocked from PUBLIC and from giving the general public access to a National Park.
Breaking promises made at the outset, the cult now wants to issue swipe cards selectively.

Maintaining *friendly relations* with the neighbors and environment ! LOL

:hysterical:

The_Fixer

The Church of Scientology is shrouded in secrecy and suspicion, and their latest move at their Australian headquarters has residents fuming. Locals are being blocked from PUBLIC and from giving the general public access to a National Park.
Breaking promises made at the outset, the cult now wants to issue swipe cards selectively.

To be honest, I thought it was a bit of a media beat up.

For sure, they stuffed up. But they seem to be willing to work with the council on it. As much as this show tries to serve the public interest, I find sometimes they seem to be trying to create the news out of a pimple...

For some time now, I haven't really been watching it. It does seem to be a tabloid operation, even though the odd gem does come out of it.

Scooter

From what I’ve heard, the locals have been increasingly peeved at the kult since it opened there. Due to lies about operating hours, traffic and parking, etc. etc..

Then having a murder happen on site and then the attendant kult over-reaction would have them hoping for some sort of enema to flush the Faithful out of their neighbourhood.

I mean seriously, what sort of whack-jobs spend $5 million on a bus stop that gets used less than 10 times a day?

freethinker

Controversial

Why is the Church allowed to wall of people who have a right to access to the land?

Because they paid for it and the government doesn't care that the money was acquired through unlawful activity, they only care that they get money that they can squander elsewhere.

The government doesn't care that the Church is laundering money as long as they get their cut.