“FUCKING SING LOUDER!!!”

SuperstarNeilC

Billy Sheehan - Bassist and Founder of platinum rock band Mr. BIG

I’m from the UK and worked at CC INT (Manor Hotel staff) for the whole of 1992. During the beginning of that year Billy Sheehan’s rock band, Mr BIG, had a worldwide no.1 single, “To Be With You”. During musters CCI Commanding Officer Captain Dave Petit would order all of us 200 staff to sing it word for word, at the top of our voices. While singing he’d be screaming at us “FUCKING SING LOUDER!!! FUCKING INTENTION!!!”

The volume became so loud our throats would be hoarse and our ears ringing. We had to do this at musters for quite a few weeks whilst the song was in the charts.

Sunny Pereira (Yarborough) [from underground bunker] was also on staff there at the time and she’d sing it too.

D

Deleted member 51

Thanks for your firsthand stories of abuse, SuperstarNeilC. You're awesome for documenting all this. Cheers! :cheers:

HelluvaHoax!

I don't get it. Why were Scientology staff members forced to sing that song?

Never mind, I just remembered the answer. Because. . .

It doesn't have to make sense. It's Scientology!

SuperstarNeilC

I don't get it. Why were Scientology staff members forced to sing that song?

Never mind, I just remembered the answer. Because. . .

It doesn't have to make sense. It's Scientology!

We were forced to sing it because it was Number One in the Hit Parade. It was a HUGE win for Scientology. The Sea Org singing it was ”flowing power to power” - We were celebrating the Big Success (at least, Captain David Petit was!! When he was red-faced and screaming at us to increase the volume, spittle flying out of his mouth, he seemed right in his element, like he’d found his hat in life!!).

Because Billy Sheehan was a Scientologist, the thinking was that Mr Big fans from all over the world would start reaching for Hubbard’s “Tech” and flock *in droves* into the orgs. We were in a state of electrification about the impending BOOM!!!

HelluvaHoax!

We were forced to sing it because it was Number One in the Hit Parade. It was a HUGE win for Scientology. The Sea Org singing it was ”flowing power to power” - We were celebrating the Big Success (at least, Captain David Petit was!! When he was red-faced and screaming at us to increase the volume, spittle flying out of his mouth, he seemed right in his element, like he’d found his hat in life!!). Because Billy Sheehan was a Scientologist, the thinking was that Mr Big fans from all over the world would start reaching for Hubbard’s “Tech” and flock *in droves* into the orgs. We were in a state of electrification about the impending BOOM!!!
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, now I get it. The singer was a Scientologist.

I thought it was just some random tune that the Scn exec (Petit) happened to like. LOL

I especially love your fond reminiscence that "We were in a state of electrification about the impending BOOM!!!"

There were so many such moments whilst in the cult. Cult management was chronically, perpetually & constantly making THE huge discovery and breakthrough that would finally BOOM Scientology on this planet! Scientologists were conditioned like Pavlov's Dogs (upon hearing of the latest startling discovery) to instantly begin salivating, standing, applauding and jubilantly cheering.

Example: During the 1970s super-upstat OT Kerry Gleason (before he was declared to be a super-DB SP) announced in a secret briefing to staff that Elvis Presley's had his limousine take him to the org and he sent someone in to "buy all of Ron's books!!!" This meant that Elvis was now on the Bridge and going to ensure that we could successfully salvage this sector! As if that wasn't enough, even Elvis' limo driver was so blown away they started reading the literature even before getting back to the limo!

Like virtually everything else that ever is reported by Scn management, you never really find out what REALLY happened. If I had to guess, perhaps Elvis' limo pulled into a parking space and the driver got out to get some change for the meter. A Scientology body router who happened to be nearby gave him four quarters for a dollar bill and slipped him a "FREE INTRO LECTURE" ticket. The driver glanced at and promptly tossed it on the ground before getting back in and driving away.

CONFESSION (Mea Culta): All this is true, except I made up the part about the limo driver being handed a free intro lecture ticket. However, I will not pull in a motivator for that, because within Scientology taking creative license like this is not an overt, which explains the Grade Chart.

Marko Ex

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, now I get it. The singer was a Scientologist.

I thought it was just some random tune that the Scn exec (Petit) happened to like. LOL

I especially love your fond reminiscence that "We were in a state of electrification about the impending BOOM!!!"

There were so many such moments whilst in the cult. Cult management was chronically, perpetually & constantly making THE huge discovery and breakthrough that would finally BOOM Scientology on this planet! Scientologists were conditioned like Pavlov's Dogs (upon hearing of the latest startling discovery) to instantly begin salivating, standing, applauding and jubilantly cheering.

Example: During the 1970s super-upstat OT Kerry Gleason (before he was declared to be a super-DB SP) announced in a secret briefing to staff that Elvis Presley's had his limousine take him to the org and he sent someone in to "buy all of Ron's books!!!" This meant that Elvis was now on the Bridge and going to ensure that we could successfully salvage this sector! As if that wasn't enough, even Elvis' limo driver was so blown away they started reading the literature even before getting back to the limo!

Like virtually everything else that ever is reported by Scn management, you never really find out what REALLY happened. If I had to guess, perhaps Elvis' limo pulled into a parking space and the driver got out to get some change for the meter. A Scientology body router who happened to be nearby gave him four quarters for a dollar bill and slipped him a "FREE INTRO LECTURE" ticket. The driver glanced at and promptly tossed it on the ground before getting back in and driving away.

CONFESSION (Mea Culta): All this is true, except I made up the part about the limo driver being handed a free intro lecture ticket. However, I will not pull in a motivator for that, because within Scientology taking creative license like this is not an overt, which explains the Grade Chart.

Ha ha ha😂😂😂
Creative license..."the joy of creating" ...creating "new realities" via postulating/lying/bullshitting/postulating/posing/hosing/telling acceptable truths/mocking up/intending/lying/faking/postulating...
PISSING IN A GALE...😆