‘My mind had been shattered into a million pieces’: inside the Scientology-linked UK rehab centre

Cat's Squirrel

It’s listed on the NHS website and claims to be a ‘world leader’ in tackling substance abuse. But there is a shocking side to the Narconon addiction facility – as our nine-month investigation reveals

Hatshepsut

It’s listed on the NHS website and claims to be a ‘world leader’ in tackling substance abuse. But there is a shocking side to the Narconon addiction facility – as our nine-month investigation reveals

That was a very well written article in plain speak.

Society often turns away from problematic individuals they have no solutions to. I'd imagine that competing mental health agenies would have protested the loss of money they might have had.

It's amazing there's a pretense of scanning thru clients who might be too mentally ill to make any progress. Who decides how much of a doctor's medication is too much and when to stop it?

I watched teenage Sea Org recruits try to run the Survival Rundown Objectives on each other while on Estates projects. Having just joined up in the 80s, they ddn't have the kindest auditor behavior towards one another. No zero attititude or patience when they were going with it. I saw some have breakdowns. One would think this impossible when just repeating Communication Control and Havingness style processes. But, shit happens and if you are twinning with another addict....

Also today, we have more druggie narcissists who need an ego assuaged. Being drilled like they're in the army doesn't do much to prop up a sense of self. The Narcnon program mght use a 'No case on post' policy given to newly hatted Scientology staff. Hard to believe that still works today when social media displays intense cravings for unique self validation.'

And the Narconon participants agree to wear identical jumpsuits like on the RPF? That's even more amazing!

Last edited: